Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No aftermarket options yet so did a Windscreen modification that went well.

Added some side wind deflectors & buffeting reduced a lot.

I already had the MRA Sports X-creen on top which improved things, but not enough. The mini x-creen has an upward 'curve' on the top, so I turned it upside down to make a flatter & slightly downward 'curve' and that may have reduced turbulence too.

Only had a short motorway run to test it, but at 100-130kph was improved.

Cost about USD$20 for the side wind deflectors on AliExpress and there are many cheap options of mini screens for the top for similar prices.

Side deflectors came with 3M griplock tape to attach. The side deflectors needed 2 small mods on each that took 5 min with a hacksaw blade. I've shown where I trimmed them in one of the pics

Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Toy Creative arts Font Rectangle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, thanks for the great pictures. I love my Norden except for the buffeting I get on the highway. Hard to believe that there are no aftermarket screens available yet for this bike. I guess I'll give the MRA screen a try and go from there...

·
Registered
KTM640 Adventure. Norden 901. RE Bullet 1963
47 Posts
I reckon you are on the money with this side deflection. If you feel where the air is pushing through, it’s the sides. Some say changing the mirrors stops the buffeting, so I changed them, made absolutely no difference. It all comes from the side of the screen. I also put a deflection screen at the top and it helps heaps IMO.
On a long ride last week in severe windy conditions, the only time I had no buffeting was when wind direction was directly behind me, then no wind buffeting at all from the front, super quiet then as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to share what I've created to improve the riding comfort in response to Scott's photos posted above. The mockup has been sent away last week. Amazing to see that we were thinking alike, adding width and height.
This windshield will be produced 'for me only' at the moment, hoping to have it back in a few weeks. The company I am working with created a windshield for my Triumph Trophy 1200, model year 2000, Triumph could not supply me any longer with a stock one. I realize that I am making you all excited but I promise to share more info with you once the new shield arrives. Happy to share with you the outcome, improvement or not, fabricator info and so on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts