Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I took Home my 2022 Norden 901 in early December. Parked the 2007 R1200GS and have started setting it up for BDR/road trips.

I installed:
2022 Norden 901
  • AXP touring skidplate
  • Doubletake mirrors
  • Garmin 396 LMT-S GPS
  • GIVI D9430 touring windshield
  • Alaska Leather sheepskin seat cover
  • TPMS SYKIK Rider SRTP
  • Perun moto billet tail rack
  • GIVI 42L Trekker Outback top case
  • Cyclops multi function LED turn signals/running light/brake lights
  • Bark buster storm handguards
  • Clearwater Darla Yellow lense covers
  • husqvarna heated grips
  • (2) M10x1.5 bolts and nuts to use as swing-arm spindles for paddock stand.

I will add pannier racks soon. I’m not going to install lower crash bars.

Interested in ideas;
1. Upper crash bars? Needed or just extra weight?
2. Soft luggage? Looking at GL RTW (tent length), Mosko Moto (best mounting/removal system), and Rigg Gear (bang for buck).
3. Also looking for a map of best pie restaurants in US!

· Registered
19 Posts
I've ordered black Hepco & Becker crash bars and get them sometime in February '23. I figure it's not if, but when I'll drop it on some goat's trail. It'll kill me to scratch up the paintwork and the aluminium tanks panels on my brand new bike. So, hopefully the new bars will do the trick. H&B say the bars are "very low weight", but don't say what that weight is. "Extremely high dimensional stability thanks to deep-drawn EVA material and very low weight."

I think the crash bars will be worth the extra weight.

· Registered
76 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the GIVI windshield at Motostorm.it, I have used them many times, even though they are from Italy they ship out pretty fast. Some of their items are priced really low. They get 5 stars from me.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed Madstad, they are also in Florida and offered the bike to them to develop a windshield. The givi is good but it’s a little taller than I like.

I have the bark busters and storm hand guards in the garage and will install them after I get back from a work trip. I’m looking forward to see if it cuts down the wind compared to the stock ones Which are removed for my last trip.

Norden 901 1100 miles, initial service done.

Still hunting the best pies in America.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts