Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Week old bike and have done about 200 km. Transmission behaves strangely.

When shifting with clutch from 1st to 2nd does not stay in second gear. As soon as the clutch is released, the bike transitions from 2 back to N. Sometimes it takes many attempts to get in gear.

It happens only with warm engine using clutch. Shifting 1-2 with quickshifter without problems.
I have adjusted gear select lever position and tried different boots, changed driving position. Doesn’t help.

I have turned to dealer with this problem. After couple rounds in parking lot, they say that bike is OK so must be user error. It is hard to believe that this bike needs special gear shifts. I have owned 5 different bikes and ridden many more (including KTM). Never have had problems changing gears.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
No such problems, just sometimes from 5th to 6th I fall in a kind of neutral with or without quick shifter. I think it is because I do not have a firm or complete movement to lock the gear box. I feel some improvement since the first maintenance (1.000 km).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi.

When shifting with clutch from 1st to 2nd does not stay in second gear. As soon as the clutch is released, the bike transitions from 2 back to N. Sometimes it takes many attempts to get in gear.

It happens only with warm engine using clutch. Shifting 1-2 with quickshifter without problems.
I have adjusted gear select lever position and tried different boots, changed driving position. Doesn’t help.

I have turned to dealer with this problem. After couple rounds in parking lot, they say that bike is OK so must be user error. It is hard to believe that this bike needs special gear shifts. I have owned 5 different bikes and ridden many more (including KTM). Never have had problems changing gears.

Any suggestions?
If you've had that many bikes/experience and they said that to me, I don't know may of went off...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you've had that many bikes/experience and they said that to me, I don't know may of went off...

That seems to be a favorite response of a lot of vehicle dealerships they don't want the bother of anything remotely intermittent ...they want something to be outright physically broken or F U I had a brand new car once the dealer never would make right and I just did not have the time to fight it anymore...it would slowly pump oil out of a breather... finally I fitted a long tube that went up and then into a catch bottle (a baby bottle) and about once a week I poured the contents back into the motor...was like that the entire 2 years I owned the car...stuff like that is a pisser..seems like sometimes it has to affect enough of a model run that a manufacturer addresses such with either a service bulletin or recall otherwise they very well may fight you tooth and nail

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.

Any suggestions?
I’ve experienced the same issue after I washed the bike the first time so lubricated the chain and adjusted the free travel on the clutch lever and it resolved the issue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi.

Any suggestions?
This happened exactly to me (without using the quick shifter) and right after the 1000km service. I went back to the dealer and asked for repositioning the shifting lever a click downwards (I guess the bike is set for offroad boots), the dealer also reset the qickshifter software and the issue disappeared almost completely, before doing this it happened 8 out of 10 times, now it can happen around 1 out of 10…. Best wishes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts