Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI.
I used the torque ( star ) tips from the tool kit to remove the bolts on my bike to install the frame and panniers. I partially striped the bolt heads taking off back foot pegs. There is a bump on the tip not allowing a deep enough penetration on the bolts. Very easy to strip.
Went to get a couple new bolts and the service department said they have had to grind off the bump on all their tips so that didn’t happen. They ground mine down in a couple of seconds and they work much better now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
FYI.
I used the torque ( star ) tips from the tool kit to remove the bolts on my bike to install the frame and panniers. I partially striped the bolt heads taking off back foot pegs. There is a bump on the tip not allowing a deep enough penetration on the bolts. Very easy to strip.
Went to get a couple new bolts and the service department said they have had to grind off the bump on all their tips so that didn’t happen. They ground mine down in a couple of seconds and they work much better now.
Interesting! They do indeed have a slightly convex profile....
Liquid Cosmetics Silver Purple Body jewelry
I'll need to remember to pull them out and square off the tips to maximize the engagement area, the next time I'm at a friend's house that has a bench grinder....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts