Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
KTM640 Adventure. Norden 901. RE Bullet 1963
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm quite tall @ 190-195cm (6'3-6'4) and wanted to know if anyone is also a similar height and made any mods to their bikes.
I am considering installing lowering pegs such as Pivot Pegs. I have them on my KTM640 Adventure and really like them as i have large feet so a much larger area to support whilst standing. I was also considering handlebar risers but after listening to a podcast with Chris Birch (KTM ambassador) today about setting up your bike, he has a dislike for risers and gives some good advice on them (he is 188cm - 6'2), so I am going to play around first with existing bars and the positions they can be moved to. I figure if I just live with how it comes first, ride for a 1000kms and get a feel for it, then make mods if I think its required.

So if anyone has some comments or wants to share what they have done that would be great. I'm waiting to pick up my bike, one week to go! Getting excited now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I'm quite tall @ 190-195cm (6'3-6'4) and wanted to know if anyone is also a similar height and made any mods to their bikes.
I am considering installing lowering pegs such as Pivot Pegs. I have them on my KTM640 Adventure and really like them as i have large feet so a much larger area to support whilst standing. I was also considering handlebar risers but after listening to a podcast with Chris Birch (KTM ambassador) today about setting up your bike, he has a dislike for risers and gives some good advice on them (he is 188cm - 6'2), so I am going to play around first with existing bars and the positions they can be moved to. I figure if I just live with how it comes first, ride for a 1000kms and get a feel for it, then make mods if I think its required.

So if anyone has some comments or wants to share what they have done that would be great. I'm waiting to pick up my bike, one week to go! Getting excited now.
I’m 6’3 and it all feels not too bad actually. I usually ride with the seat in the low position. It’s a little cramped for sure. The high position is definitely what I’d use for a long haul. The seat adjustment is easy too - no screws! I have the rear brake lever and shift lever as low as they go though. If you go with the lower pegs, you may need to look at a solution for the rear brake. Once you get your bike and adjust the rear brake lever down, you’ll see what I mean. The shaft going to the master cylinder bottoms out on the shift lever, so you’d need a longer shaft. The shift lever you would just need to adjust on the shaft like most bikes, so that’s fine.

I rode 230 miles today and my back was a bit sore by the end. I’ve played with risers/tall bars on a lot of different bikes, and I never liked how the front end felt after. I’d rather have a sore back than sacrifice control.

I hope you share any mods you make. I’d be interested to hear.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Plant community

1 - 2 of 2 Posts