Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bottoming out both the fork and shocks way to much. Who has upgraded and what did you do, what products did you use? And are you happy with results, what did it achieve?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also bottom out the rear and the front nosedives every time I touch the front brake, it's set up as firm as it will go but still not enough. I really wish the Norden had the same as the 890 Adventure R's WP XPLOR Shocks. I'd bet in a year or 2 they will have an upgraded 901-R that comes out with higher end components like the top of the line WP parts, Brembo breaks, high front fender, 1 piece seat, etc.

As far as a solution, I stopped into Touratech in Seattle a few weeks ago and they said they would have a new rear shock and fork cassettes ready around the end of this month. They are not cheap at all but look very impressive. You give them a bunch of info about your riding style, weight and your bike and they custom build them for you. I'm thinking next year I'll upgrade to that unless something else that's cooler comes out.

Touratech Extreme Rear Shock, KTM 890 & 790 Adventure / R

·
Registered
6 Posts
In Australia they're showing off the WP Xplor Pro suspension - that MAD youtube channel is raving about it. I wonder if we can get that in the US soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went with Beamer Shop and splurged on the X-Treme shock. I can say the shock helped alot for me, but Im a big rider and carry alot of heavy luggage. I also bought the Yacugar springs for the forks, but I can't say the springs helped all that much but it did improve the fork dive when breaking. The springs are affordable but the installation requires a modified wrench because the nut on upper cartridge requires a thinner wrench than standard. I took an extra cresent wrench and grinded down to about 7mm thickness. It worked but not impressed with the Apex in general.

Kinda sucky if you ask me.

IF anyone is interested in my stock shock, I have one for sale.

TracTive X-TREME-PA Rear Shock / Norden 901 '22-On

·
Registered
76 Posts
WMR in Stuart Florida USA.. They are off-road and racing suspension experts. They will build you exactly what you want/need. I have an appointment for my bike next month. 1500 miles each way 3000 miles round trip and worth it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tractive has drop-in fork cartridges and rear shocks, Tourtech rebrands them but told me they wouldn't have any until early next year, quess the stickers are on backorder....

After talking to several people I am now working with Paul at Evo Oregon. The plan is to respring with custom springs and re-valve the forks and replace the shock with a take-off from a new 890 and tweak it a bit. The estimated cost is about two grand. Much better value to cost than other options, and Paul has been great answering all my questions and working with.

Hope to have this all complete in a month or so, will report back when complete.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd look at a take-off Explorer shock from an 890, that's what I am doing, but for $1800 the Tractive is not a bad deal but I'm not sure drop-in fork cartridges are worth $1600 when you could replace with Explorer forks for about $2 grand. Or respring and revalue for $600 or less?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts