Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, that's the same per-filter that I have, but did you keep the OEM paper filter as main filtration? I have a No Toil foam in place of OEM. Now I'm wondering which is best or if a washable OEM style filter is better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kept the OEM filter because I was planning to take it off-road. I do have a K&N, but I'm hesitant to install it due to KTM's being so sensitive to any dirt entering the intake system.

This guy does some pretty good comparisons.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks, this confirms my suspicions. I don't need more performance, I'm looking for best filtering for a LONG engine life. I'm going to follow your lead and keep the pre-filter but run the OEM paper.
My riding buddy has a KTM 890 and he asked about air filtration and warranty. Answer: If it isn't made by KTM...it voids the warranty. Aside from removing the snorkel, running the OEM filter should keep me covered for 2 years.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My riding buddy has a KTM 890 and he asked about air filtration and warranty. Answer: If it isn't made by KTM...it voids the warranty. Aside from removing the snorkel, running the OEM filter should keep me covered for 2 years.
KTM sucks when it comes to standing behind their products. My buddy had 13k miles on his 790 and it started blowing blue smoke (burning oil). Took it to the dealer and KTM wouldn't cover anything. Matter of fact, they wouldn't even sell them a complete engine...only individual parts to rebuild it. What kind of crap is that? My guess is, they could blame the dealer for the rebuild if something else happened...hence why they refused to sell them a complete engine. Just my assumption.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Rottweiler pro air kit with the big oval foam filter. It gave a noticeable increase in both mid range and top end power.

just pulled it out today to give it a clean and although the filter itself was very dirty on the outside, there was no trace of any dust inside the airbox

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Rottweiler pro air kit with the big oval foam filter. It gave a noticeable increase in both mid range and top end power.

just pulled it out today to give it a clean and although the filter itself was very dirty on the outside, there was no trace of any dust inside the airbox
Nice. Definitely money well spent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep it was about USD$350 and gave more bang for buck horsepower than any other option available.

The bike has the Rottweiler pro airkit, a decat link pipe and slip-on muffler (cheap Chinese copy that looks, sounds and goes awesomely).
No remapping done. Just let the bike idle from cold start for about 15 min (till fans came on). That helps ecu recalibrate to the changed system.
Throttle is buttery smooth too

It has more punch by a significant margin. We did lots of roll-on testing and In every gear it pulls away from my mates KTM 1090 Adventure R, another mate on a new 950 Multistrada and one on a dual clutch Africa Twin.
Tried against a new 1290 Super Adventure R too... not surprisingly lost in all gears. Except... 6th gear under 115kph the Norden did pull away from the 1290 in 6th, all the wayup to about 160 kph and then the 1290 reeled me in. I laughed out loud :LOL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts