Husqvarna Norden Forum banner

Springs

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  sisobmw 
#1 ·
Hello

anyone have a source for linear front and rear Springs except the OEM ones?
Hyperpro only have progressiv ones (and not progressiv enough)
From a Husky dealer i know that WP carry different rates for the OEM suspension of the Norden. But my WP dealer sayed: no
I ordered already a WP Pro Suspension Set front/rear, but still takes time to get the set. So i need to upgrade the OEM suspension
OEM is:
FF: 38,3-480 @ 6,5N
RS: 59-195 @ 110N

thanks

best regards
Marcus

#2 ·
Hi,
I've thought about switching to WP Pro. But I decided against it because I don't really drive much off-road. And I'm still super happy with the original suspension.

I had shortlisted the two springs.

WP XPLOR PRO 6746 shock absorber - WP XPLOR PRO 6746 Stoßdämpfer KTM 790/890 Adventure R / Husqvarna Norden 901

WP XPLOR PRO 7548 fork KTM 790 / 890 Adventure 19-20 / Husqvarna Norden 901 - https://www.extracross.com/Fahrwerk/WP-Originalteile/wp-pro-components/wp-oem-gabel-ktm-790- adv-r-19.html?language=en

But I'm still curious how it looks with the driving report if it's installed in yours.

Many greetings;) (y)
Tool Font Office supplies Bicycle part Auto part

Automotive lighting Font Camera accessory Technology Auto part

#3 ·
agree, on single rider use. With 2-person riding + Luggage, the beast is overloaded and way off, bottoms in the woods....
When i get the correct springs, i will change the internal setup of fork and shock, putting more overall damping on the stacks....but first i need to get hands on the correct springs....

#4 ·
I only ride with a passenger and the shock absorber has already been broken and replaced. In the summer it gets extremely hot and starts to swing/vibrate.
So this week I'm having the hyperpro progressive spring 114-165 N/mm fitted in the shock absorber. The OEM linear spring has only 115 N/mm and is only for 75-85 kg total load. If the dealer was telling the truth, the hyperpro has a load capacity of minimum 75 kg and 110 kg as an average and 130-140 kg at the end of the progression. This is supposed to maintain my solo comfort and make pillion riding work better. I'll find out next week whether it's true. I also want to change to a better chassis and lower it about 2 cm at the same time. So far only Hyperpro can offer that for the rear shock. I will probably change it in the winter. For now, I'm testing the progressive spring in the rear and later also in the front forks.

#5 ·
My first experiences with the progressive spring: when ridden solo, it is only slightly harder or firmer than the original spring. The Norden is much quieter and more stable. Riding with a passenger and luggage: it springs better than the original spring, is more comfortable and again much more stable. And the most important thing: the annoying oscillation is gone. The progressive spring is clearly better than the original spring. I am extremely satisfied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.