Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a Scottoiler to their Norden yet?

Any hints or pics of where you got the vacuum, mounted the reservoir and the injector?

Thinking about getting one and not sure if it easy enough to do myself or if I should get the garage to do it for me... I've done fair bit on my bikes but mostly electrics and oil changes and stuff like that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know they do sell it but I doubt there are specific instructions... The Scottoiler website only has generic ones as well.

Was hoping for someone who has actually fitted one to give some advise...
How did you get on with this? I'm thinking of fitting the one I've just taken off my 1290. I'm hoping it's not the same faff that was, Tank off etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you get on with this? I'm thinking of fitting the one I've just taken off my 1290. I'm hoping it's not the same faff that was, Tank off etc.
I managed to find the fitting instructions on the ktm-shop24.de website, but only in German:
Link to PDF
It's the instructions for KTMs and the Norden. The Norden part starts on page 29.
Sadly the tank needs to come off so for now I've left it.
Since I have the center stand I'm ok with the old lube spray can for the time being...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've noticed my chain starting to squeak after only 2300 miles even with chain wax / lube every other tank of fuel, I now have to lube it up every other ride or it is noisy and I honestly think a better solution to lubing the chain so often or the Scottoiler is to buy a high quality DID x-ring chain and lube it every oil change or after a hard dirt ride that requires cleaning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts