Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all- I noticed that the front brake lever control unit has a limiter (like most bikes), which severely lessens the amount you can roll that control down for better ergonomics when standing. Just curious if anyone has had it apart and/or modified it. I'm assuming it's your typical tab in a slot arrangement....
I like my controls rolled pretty far down for offroad riding. I keep them in basically a straight line from my shoulder to the tips of my extended fingers when standing. Current limiter on front brake lever won't allow this position. Let me know what you guys have done...

·
Registered
KTM640 Adventure. Norden 901. RE Bullet 1963
53 Posts
Hey all- I noticed that the front brake lever control unit has a limiter (like most bikes), which severely lessens the amount you can roll that control down for better ergonomics when standing. Just curious if anyone has had it apart and/or modified it. I'm assuming it's your typical tab in a slot arrangement....
I like my controls rolled pretty far down for offroad riding. I keep them in basically a straight line from my shoulder to the tips of my extended fingers when standing. Current limiter on front brake lever won't allow this position. Let me know what you guys have done...
Why not roll the bars forward a little? This is what I did and seems to work for me, plus a small adjustment of the controls too. There is always a compromise for sitting and standing to get the perfect position for standing. Seems to me you would be stretched and rotated way forward when sitting? I have a half way position that allows a good compromise. Only other way is to I guess, set up for off-road (losses and adjust) when spending long periods and move back for slabbing it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be enough for me on this bike, at least for the throttle side. I like a flat wrist and basically straight fingers when standing, and skew my set up to this position (which is definitely a compromise for street).
This dudes arm/hand/wrist position at about the 2:40 mark illustrates what I'm talking about:
Since I'm still only 'test riding' my friends bike, I'll wait to take apart the throttle control until my 2023 comes in.....which can't be soon enough!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts