Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the negatives of the new Norden 901 is the slow speed (low revs) fuelling. I know its the euro 5 reg and they run very lean, but I’d love to get it sorted by a remap if possible. I did think about a Dynojet Power Commander, but as I’m not after any additional power, just want it to run better, plus it could cause an insurance issue and even a warranty issue, a remap would be invisible to both!

Anybody else experienced this and or could recommend a place in the UK, preferably in the south of the UK. If anybody has had a remap, has it made the bike better?

cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of the negatives of the new Norden 901 is the slow speed (low revs) fuelling. I know its the euro 5 reg and they run very lean, but I’d love to get it sorted by a remap if possible. I did think about a Dynojet Power Commander, but as I’m not after any additional power, just want it to run better, plus it could cause an insurance issue and even a warranty issue, a remap would be invisible to both!

Anybody else experienced this and or could recommend a place in the UK, preferably in the south of the UK. If anybody has had a remap, has it made the bike better?

cheers
My understanding of the “Explorer Pack” description (after reading about it online and talking to my local service department) is it allows you to modify the throttle response - which may, in a roundabout way, solve the problem you’re complaining about. By the way, I share your dislike for the low speed fueling and I already dropped one tooth in the front, as well. That helped low speed a little, but the root of the matter is how the ride-by-wire talks to the EFI brain. I’m guessing with the Explorer Pack allowing a more aggressive setting to be selected, that might do the trick (without remapping).

I’m taking my bike in on Saturday to have its first service and I’m going to have the Explorer Pack added. I will report back on my findings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I don’t think adding the Explorer Pack will help with the low speed running, its more a Euro 5 emissions, lean running issue. I find it’s when riding on a constant throttle at low speeds, i.e the 20, 30 and 40 mph speed limits in built up areas. But will be interesting to hear how you get on with your Explorer pack.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its funny really, i watched all the vids when the journo’s were on the launch and they all were saying the fuelling was perfect, nice and smooth and yet theres been quite a few owners complaint about uneven tick over a rough fuelling at lower revs. This guy didn’t like the fuelling at all (8.30 m - 9.38 m),

I am not particularly happy with the “euro 5” fuelling either, uneven running and very lumpy below about 2750 rpm, its not the worst I’ve experienced by any means, but somewhat disappointing for a 2022 bike, as I would have hoped mc manufacturers would spend a bit more cash on development to get the fuelling much better. Had a 1290 SAR loan bike the other week and the fuelling was very good.

Rottweiler sell a power commander with their maps free, but I’m not interested in getting more power, I’d just like to smooth out the fuelling where it runs so lean at lower rpm. Not sure adding a percentage of fuel will do anything as the ecu will probably overrule the signal for euro 5 requirements at lower rpm. Trouble is all these mapping companies seem to concentrate on getting more power with air filter and exhaust mods and I’ve never seen any of them say they can improve the lower end for smooth fuelling at lower rpm.

Concerning the “Explorer Pack”, can‘t see that having any effect on the lean running, its more to do with throttle response, traction, slip and abs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts