Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the black plastic radiator guard please? I’ve got bugs and debris sat in the lower part behind it and wanted to clear it out. Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did this job this morning, theres 6 screws you need to remove to get the plastic grill off. 2 grey screws at the top behind the steering damper that actually hold the grill on. The other 4 black short screws (2 each side) hold the inner fairing panels in place. You will have to slightly pull the lower panel away as the grill sits behind it (be careful not to pull too much as it could break). Then pull the top of the grill slightly out away from its mounting points and lift up slightly, the 4 lower mounting tabs will lift out of there locating recesses and the carefully pull out the grill.

I’d say its a relatively easy job once you undestand whats involved, but if you don’t have any or very little knowledge of how the bikes put together you might find it difficult to do. My guess is Husqvarna instructions would probably say to remove all the side panels and inner panels to do the job (i already had both fairing side panels off. Hope this helps.
Cylinder Gas Rectangle Font Metal

Product Automotive design Chair Gas Grille
Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did this job this morning, theres 6 screws you need to remove to get the plastic grill off. 2 grey screws at the top behind the steering damper that actually hold the grill on. The other 4 black short screws (2 each side) hold the inner fairing panels in place. You will have to slightly pull the lower panel away as the grill sits behind it (be careful not to pull too much as it could break). Then pull the top of the grill slightly out away from its mounting points and lift up slightly, the 4 lower mounting tabs will lift out of there locating recesses and the carefully pull out the grill.

I’d say its a relatively easy job once you undestand whats involved, but if you don’t have any or very little knowledge of how the bikes put together you might find it difficult to do. My guess is Husqvarna instructions would probably say to remove all the side panels and inner panels to do the job (i already had both fairing side panels off. Hope this helps. View attachment 589
View attachment 590 View attachment 591

Many thanks for that JoeyD, great instructions and very useful. I was wondering myself, as it’s definitely a debris trap, now sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.