Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outback Mototek doesn't have racks yet and Alt Rider, Moose racing, AOMC, etc. don't even have the bike on their sites. Tusk says they have a rack that fits but will not work with my Mosko Moto Backcountry bags. Any ideas?

Also, what tank bags have you guys bought? Pros and cons? Thinking a wolfman bag might look great but maybe the yellow will clash? Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's a rear tail rack not pannier racks.
I'm looking at the Touratech rack - have them on my Africa Twin. They perform well as rear crash bars, I can mount Zega cans or Wolfman Expedition saddlebags. Friends use Touratech frames for Mosko Backcountry bags.
Outback Motortek has frames but I like the clean design of the Touratech better. Husqvarna Norden 901 - Pannier Racks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking at the Touratech rack - have them on my Africa Twin. They perform well as rear crash bars, I can mount Zega cans or Wolfman Expedition saddlebags. Friends use Touratech frames for Mosko Backcountry bags.
Outback Motortek has frames but I like the clean design of the Touratech better. Husqvarna Norden 901 - Pannier Racks
Outback does not have them in Stock and doing a search for "Norden" on the Touratech website yield No Results.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Outback Mototek doesn't have racks yet and Alt Rider, Moose racing, AOMC, etc. don't even have the bike on their sites. Tusk says they have a rack that fits but will not work with my Mosko Moto Backcountry bags. Any ideas?

Also, what tank bags have you guys bought? Pros and cons? Thinking a wolfman bag might look great but maybe the yellow will clash? Thoughts?

Thanks.
Just pre-ordered a black set of KTM 890 pannier racks from TT. They ship in two weeks. They don’t have ‘theirs’ yet, but a customer swapped his to his new 901. Andrew Vanasche plans to swap his this weekend because he sees no reason they won’t fit. I bought that Serbian top rack from him. It’s already shipped. TT says there bike is due in any day and they immediately try all 890 gear on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just pre-ordered a black set of KTM 890 pannier racks from TT. They ship in two weeks. They don’t have ‘theirs’ yet, but a customer swapped his to his new 901. Andrew Vanasche plans to swap his this weekend because he sees no reason they won’t fit. I bought that Serbian top rack from him. It’s already shipped. TT says there bike is due in any day and they immediately try all 890 gear on it.
Did you get the racks? Did they fit?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just got ‘em today, but my Husky is in for its first service. I know that should be a one-day thing, but my dealership did not have the oil filter. I’ll get the bike back by next week and mount the racks (Touratech KTM 790/890 racks for those who may not know which racks we’re referring to). I’ll post the results and a pic as soon as mounted. By the way, the quote for the first service was $310 (was initially $420, but the service manager cut me a break). They’ll also either be fixing my defective gas gauge or ordering whatever isn’t working. The gauge constantly reads ‘full’…even while I was out of gas on the shoulder of a busy highway. It was the first ride. I assumed the dealer had filled it all the way because that’s what the gauge read. But oh no. At 75 miles I sputtered to a stop. I keep up with my miles ever since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got ‘em today, but my Husky is in for its first service. I know that should be a one-day thing, but my dealership did not have the oil filter. I’ll get the bike back by next week and mount the racks (Touratech KTM 790/890 racks for those who may not know which racks we’re referring to). I’ll post the results and a pic as soon as mounted. By the way, the quote for the first service was $310 (was initially $420, but the service manager cut me a break). They’ll also either be fixing my defective gas gauge or ordering whatever isn’t working. The gauge constantly reads ‘full’…even while I was out of gas on the shoulder of a busy highway. It was the first ride. I assumed the dealer had filled it all the way because that’s what the gauge read. But oh no. At 75 miles I sputtered to a stop. I keep up with my miles ever since.
I was getting erroneous gas readings too until I realized that the dealer did not open the fuel cocks on the bottoms of the tanks so the fuel was not equalizing. After I opened those up the reading made more sense. Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thought I did, but now you’ve got me wondering if I mistook one or the other for being open when it wasn’t. It’s in for service, so I’ll call and have them make sure both are open. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked to Tourateck today, they said Touratech Germany has a protype and the 890 pannier racks will not work on the Norden as the mounting places are in slightly different locations. They are in pre-production and will be avialable soon specially for the Norden 901.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts