Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes I am astonished by my own brilliance. After my out of gas event earlier in the week, this morning I proceeded to remove the aluminum cover followed by the plastic bit underneath to access the petcock on the right side of the tank... in my freezing cold garage. Only to discover the petcock fully open. Yes, that's right, the one on the left-side, which is fully and easily accessible and in plain sight, was actually closed. 😔

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had a similar problem twice i ran out of gas on the freeway twice it showed 3/4 full of gas on the gauge, the first time i thought they fixed it, the second time they finally did, it was my fuel sensor unit inside the tank, replaced it and fixed a pinched crossover tube.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I've run out of gas on my Norden 901 on the third ride. It's the first production year for this bike and the local dealer doesn't seem like they've been trained by Husqvarna on this issue. I figure out what the problem was when I got my motorcycle home (on a trailer). My plan was to take it back to the dealer and have them figure it out. BUT it didn't want to look like a total NUBE, so while the bike was still on the motorcycle trailer I decided to put gas in it, my 5 gallon gas can actually had only 4 gallons in it and when I went to put the gas in the Norden, 4 gallons filled the gas tank right to the top... WHAT? it's a 5 gallon tank!; so there was another gallon in the tank that the bike could not use... looked at the PDF Owner's manual (yes, you don't get an actual paper Owner's manual anymore) and while looking at the page that describes the gas tank Fuel Cocks page 26, it notes that there are two, so I checked the one on the left and it was open, and the one on the right is situated towards the front of the gas tank bottom this one was closed. I called the dealership and talked to the salesman to let him know what happened, of course they are "Very Sorry" that this happen, but didn't know about this at all. I've basically told everyone at my local dealer ship (who will listen) about this issue.

This is the only problem I've had with my bike, I've got 1200 miles on it now and it runs like a top. I love the motor, and I still can't believe that I'm getting consistently 60 mpg on a bike that isn't fully broken it yet. The quick shifter is one of the best available, once you get the clutch adjusted correctly the transmission shifts so smoothly. It's really a impressive bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts