Husqvarna Norden Forum banner

Off-road rider mode

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Shelbydog 
#1 · (Edited)
Can anybody tell me if Off road Rider mode disable rear abs, or do you have to pay for the Explorer software?
cheers

#6 ·
Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot
Font Screenshot Parallel Document Rectangle

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Brand

I concur, ABS Mode is separate from Ride Mode (see my screen captures of the US Owners Manual, above). Traction control & anti-wheelie is adjusted automatically, but ABS Mode must be set to Offroad in the ABS Mode menu screen separately. It's a minor annoyance. The good thing is that the settings remains after you power off the motorcycle and start it back up again - something that is not true for many adventure and dual-sport bikes. I wish that you could tie the ABS setting to the Ride Mode, so that when you switched from Street to Offroad or Explorer mode, the previously used ABS setting for that mode was remembered. Unfortunately, it does not - so if you switch to Street or Rain mode once you're back on tarmac, the ABS mode remains in Offroad ABS until you manually switch it over. Thankfully, the graphics on the TFT display make it quite clear!

#8 ·
One of the few frustrations I've discovered with my Norden is the fact that the ABS mode must be manually changed from the Ride mode. If the software could remember that I like ABS turned off when I switched to Off Road mode, it would be great! Sadly, I have to navigate to two different places in the menu every time I want to switch to Off Road mode.....

#10 ·
I use shortcuts to change ride mode and abs, it is not a one button change but it save time and manipulations ...
Thanks for the response, BernardV. I have found that when you change Ride Mode (which I've saved as my Up button Favorite), the system drops you out to the "Motorcycle" menu level - so it's a quick action to drop down one menu selection to ABS and select the "Road" or Offroad" mode. So saving the ABS Mode as my Down button Favorite wouldn't save me any button presses (so I use it for my Trip 2 meter instead, which I zero out every time I refill the tank).

The question is, why shouldn't the software retain your last used ABS setting for the Ride Mode selected? Does Husqvarna actually think that most riders will be wanting to use Offroad riding mode with on road ABS selected? Wouldn't it be much nicer if when you switched back to Street or Rain riding mode, on road ABS was set? And when you switched to Offroad or Explorer riding mode, ABS was set to offroad mode because that's the way you like it?

#7 ·
So, the manual says the off-road mode de-activates anti-wheelie control, but it ain't true! It's very difficult if not impossible to get the front wheel up when in off-road mode and MTC is enabled. If I leave it in off-road and deactivate MTC the front wheel happily comes up with a little throttle in 1st or 2nd gear.

Anyone one else notice this??

Font Art Rectangle Circle Number

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.