Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the subject of bar risers from my own experiences and knowledge of offroad riding. I am not proclaiming to be an expert so if you have anything to add or wish to correct me, please feel free. The ideal standing position for offroad riding isn’t to stand upright, you need to have your legs slightly bent at the knees and leaning forwards to a degree, that way your body can absorb large bumps through the legs, along with your bent arms. You also have more strength in your legs, arms and back and can move your body about when they are not straight.

With this in mind and wanting to keep the bike as standard or with oem parts, I have set up my bike with the following parts and positions. Obviously it all depends on your body size, leg length, back length and arm length on what you may have to do to get comfortable whilst sitting and standing.

The standard bar risers are 35mm, but have 6 positions, so not only can you move the bars back or away from the center position, you can also rotate them which adds or shortens each of the previous settings. By moving the bars forwards you are actually raising the bars and giving yourself more room, effectively making the standing position more comfortable. You can also rotate the handle bars forward a bit (don’t rotate them too far to the point the grips are angled up, as this will make your wrists sit in a uncomfortable position and cause other problems.

I am 5’11” and after trying the oem risers, I decided to get the oem optional bar risers which are 47mm (black). I have these set on the furthest away setting, but short riser orientation (so effectively setting 5 and have removed the footrest rubbers too, this has given me about 30mm extra height with more cockpit space. There is another optional OEM bar riser at 52mm (silver). There is no need to re-route an cables etc by doing this and the hand guards do not touch the screen. I have my bars rotated forwards as well which gives even more room (I’m from a trials riding background) and puts more weight on the front end when your standing.

I would like to get some wider footpegs that are about 10 - 15mm lower than the oem ones with the rubbers removed at some point, but the setup I have at the moment is very much improved from standard out of the crate without breaking the bank (£40 for the oem optional 47mm bar risers).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went with the oem optional Black 47mm bar risers, I moved from the default middle mount setting to the front and these make standing more comfortable, I’m 5 11”. I may look at lowered footrest in the future, as I feel the stock height is a bit sporty for me, I prefer a less bent knee.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Personally, I'm not a big fan of bar risers and prefer to get a higher bend bar, I mounted up the Pro Taper Adventure bars. They have the exact same bend as stock and raised my bars about 1.5". They fit perfectly and are about $100. Since I was changing bars I installed the tusk grip heaters for $20. Also work great and now I can use whatever grips I prefer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the subject of bar risers from my own experiences and knowledge of offroad riding. I am not proclaiming to be an expert so if you have anything to add or wish to correct me, please feel free. The ideal standing position for offroad riding isn’t to stand upright, you need to have your legs slightly bent at the knees and leaning forwards to a degree, that way your body can absorb large bumps through the legs, along with your bent arms. You also have more strength in your legs, arms and back and can move your body about when they are not straight.

With this in mind and wanting to keep the bike as standard or with oem parts, I have set up my bike with the following parts and positions. Obviously it all depends on your body size, leg length, back length and arm length on what you may have to do to get comfortable whilst sitting and standing.

The standard bar risers are 35mm, but have 6 positions, so not only can you move the bars back or away from the center position, you can also rotate them which adds or shortens each of the previous settings. By moving the bars forwards you are actually raising the bars and giving yourself more room, effectively making the standing position more comfortable. You can also rotate the handle bars forward a bit (don’t rotate them too far to the point the grips are angled up, as this will make your wrists sit in a uncomfortable position and cause other problems.

I am 5’11” and after trying the oem risers, I decided to get the oem optional bar risers which are 47mm (black). I have these set on the furthest away setting, but short riser orientation (so effectively setting 5 and have removed the footrest rubbers too, this has given me about 30mm extra height with more cockpit space. There is another optional OEM bar riser at 52mm (silver). There is no need to re-route an cables etc by doing this and the hand guards do not touch the screen. I have my bars rotated forwards as well which gives even more room (I’m from a trials riding background) and puts more weight on the front end when your standing.

I would like to get some wider footpegs that are about 10 - 15mm lower than the oem ones with the rubbers removed at some point, but the setup I have at the moment is very much improved from standard out of the crate without breaking the bank (£40 for the oem optional 47mm bar risers).
Same height as you will prob do the same when I stand up on stock im a little to bent over and sitting the pegs being slightly lower would be welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts