Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey anyone replaced the windshield. I’ve heard the clip on doesn’t do much if anything. Definitely feel like a little more wind protection is needed. Hoping some after market stuff comes out..lSuggestions???
Hey anyone replaced the windshield. I’ve heard the clip on doesn’t do much if anything. Definitely feel like a little more wind protection is needed. Hoping some after market stuff comes out..lSuggestions???

·
Registered
115 Posts
Always help to mention height and inseam when talking about windshields. I was horrified by the buffeting my first ride on my Norden. Thought my 890 Adventure much better. Bought one of the $20 wind deflectors on eBay and it took a couple tries to get it dialed in and now I'm quite happy with the wind management. Not perfect but pretty good. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam

·
Registered
94 Posts
Always help to mention height and inseam when talking about windshields. I was horrified by the buffeting my first ride on my Norden. Thought my 890 Adventure much better. Bought one of the $20 wind deflectors on eBay and it took a couple tries to get it dialed in and now I'm quite happy with the wind management. Not perfect but pretty good. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam
Can you post the link of the deflector you purchased? I have one from my Tiger XC but it's too wide and doesn't fit the Norden.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I found it on a different forum and just took the screenshot so I’d have the part number when things got colder. Not sure if it’ll be available in the US (like the smoked windscreen) and might have to order from Europe

·
Registered
10 Posts
After making email enquiries with Givi, Puig, MRA, and Madstad, MRA advised they have no plans to make one for the Norden. Madstad is willing but needs a bike on site. Please reach out to Madstad if you are willing to take your bike to them (Brooksville, Florida). As much as I am loving this great bike, I am hating the windshield with dirty noisy turbulent air hitting me in the face from 70km/hr. I am 178 cm or 5.10. I have tried the wind deflector at the top of the screen with absolutely no change. There is an excellent YouTube video review out today (MAD-Motorcycle Adventure Dirtbike TV- “Test Review Husqvarna Norden 901 Part 2”. He does not waste time on petty issues but not surprisingly, the windshield gets special attenation at the beginning and in the question/answer portion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im 5'10" and added one of the windscreen deflectors. It improved things but not as good as I know it can be.

Id like a shorter screen so that my head is in clear air.

Another thought was to add a thin spoiler to each side of the screen. That would widen the screen and maybe remove buffeting from the shoulders... what do you think?

·
Registered
115 Posts
For what it's worth, last year I bought an 890 Adventure. Of course there were no aftermarket windshields available for it. This year there's a bunch of options available. Be patient, it's a new bike and it takes the aftermarket a while to catch up. I'm sure there will be lots of stuff this time next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For what it's worth, last year I bought an 890 Adventure. Of course there were no aftermarket windshields available for it. This year there's a bunch of options available. Be patient, it's a new bike and it takes the aftermarket a while to catch up. I'm sure there will be lots of stuff this time next year.
Did you find one that worked on the 890 adventure? I tried like 3 of them, and ended up selling the bike because of the wind turbulence issue.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I used an MRA spoiler/wind deflector and it works well. I must admit the 890 windshield and mount is not well designed. Moves around a bunch in cross winds and at speed.

I'm keeping my 890 at least until some accessories such as heated grips become available for the Norden. Makes owning a new model much less painful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts