Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I had put a down payment on a Norden back in February. Several dealers had told me they were sold out and starting a waiting list for 2023 models. Well, the dealer got a couple extra bikes and a couple people in front of me changed their minds so I took delivery last Friday. This was very tight, but just in time for my trip planned to the Arctic Ocean (Tuktoyaktuk, NorthWest Territories) from Victoria BC. I've been riding the bike all week to get the first service completed and working on prepping the bike (grip warmers, bar risers, wind deflector, phone mount, Mosko soft luggage) at the same time. It's been a fun week for sure. Sad to part ways with my 2004 BMW Dakar but the Norden has been fantastic so far. Looking forward to getting out on the open road and back country!
I have some other mods and additions planned but they will have to wait until this trip is over.
Sky Plant Wheel Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all.
I had put a down payment on a Norden back in February. Several dealers had told me they were sold out and starting a waiting list for 2023 models. Well, the dealer got a couple extra bikes and a couple people in front of me changed their minds so I took delivery last Friday. This was very tight, but just in time for my trip planned to the Arctic Ocean (Tuktoyaktuk, NorthWest Territories) from Victoria BC. I've been riding the bike all week to get the first service completed and working on prepping the bike (grip warmers, bar risers, wind deflector, phone mount, Mosko soft luggage) at the same time. It's been a fun week for sure. Sad to part ways with my 2004 BMW Dakar but the Norden has been fantastic so far. Looking forward to getting out on the open road and back country!
I have some other mods and additions planned but they will have to wait until this trip is over.
View attachment 690
Your trip looks amazing? What knobbies are your riding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your trip looks amazing? What knobbies are your riding?
Hi caveryiii, I was going to create a separate post about the tires later. I had a few days off-road with the stock Scorpion tires and they were not built for off-road at all in my opinion.
Our plan for the arctic always involved putting on new tires in Whitehorse for longevity sakes. The Dempster highway is approximately 900kms one-way off-road of varying quality. I ended up putting on the MotoZ Tractionator GPS tires. I'm really pleased with them. They had great performance on the off-road sections and are fairly comfortable on the pavement (some buzz for sure, but nothing compared to other off-road tires I've had on other bikes).
I've now done over 5000kms on these tires (approx 2000km off road, 3000km road) and I would say there is still 60% tread left. As a comparison my friend put Bridgestone Battle Axe tires on his KTM 1090 at the same time and has done the same travel as I have and he is replacing his rear tire already.
The MotoZ are expensive, but at the moment it looks like they are worth the $$ for performance and longevity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts