Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there. i watched these feeds for a minute and low and behold my Norden Just arrived this afternoon. I rode it for maye 5 miles. She certainly looks amazing and the bike, id say is certainly substantial, more so then the pictures and videos out there can portray.

Seems fairly smooth with a very nice clutch and throtte feel. One thing i noticed on a few different roads is a small bobbing up and down, seemingly coming from the front forks? Has anyone noticed this with thier Norden's as of yet or am i the only one?

I wonder if its the damping or rebound on the forks? i'm 6 ft and way 195 so , looks like i will be tightening up the clicks tomorrow. Any recomendations from anyone regarding the suspension clickls is welcomed.

Thanks so much.
PR
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
35 Posts
One thing i noticed on a few different roads is a small bobbing up and down, seemingly coming from the front forks? Has anyone noticed this with their Norden's as of yet or am i the only one?
Hi Paletrailrider,
Yes,
I am at 1000klm and have had the same problem, between 55-70 klms front end bobs up and down a bit.
At first, I tightened up the steering head, as it had a bit of movement, checked the tire and pressure, etc, and played with the front fork settings which didn't make any difference for me.
At first service they balanced the front wheel which didn't fix the issue, I replaced the front tire a couple of days back, and it's a little better.
I have been told that it may be in the rim.

There are a couple of Facebook pages that have a number of people that have experienced the same issue, I haven't read of anyone having had the issue fixed or have come up with the fix. My dealer at first service told me he would contact Husky, but he has been off with Covid for the last week.

This is the only issue I have had, other than that I am very happy with the 901, it is a sure fun bike to ride and own. (y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Marko G.

I appreciated your feedback. I've tightened up the forks which helped a little bit but i do still noticed it. So you are not alone. I may contact Hiusky directly in Ca. My dealer, Motorcycle Mall, is quite busy these days so i cant count on them fully yet. Perhaps after my 500 mile service. I will keep you posted in the event i get some answers.

The bike is really kinda of amazing less this issue, and the windscreen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
One thing i noticed on a few different roads is a small bobbing up and down, seemingly coming from the front forks?
Did you install the hard bags right away? I'm wondering if the extra weight on the rear is causing the bobbing. Try removing the hard bags and taking the same roads you originally felt the bobbing. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you install the hard bags right away? I'm wondering if the extra weight on the rear is causing the bobbing. Try removing the hard bags and taking the same roads you originally felt the bobbing. Just a suggestion.
I thought you guys were full of it and being extra picky about this until I noticed it yesterday. It happens between 35 and 45 mph with 40 being the worst. I tried 3 different types of pavement and a few different gears and it makes no difference, it's really not that terrible but if you were stuck going 40 for a long time it would be very annoying. Almost seems like it's coming from the chain / swingarm causing the front to react as the whole bike moves, but who knows. I was wondering if I was flashing the guy in front of me with the headlight.

After 1000 miles or so I was planning on switching the tires out for some Dunlop Trailmax Mission's and adding some "Ride-On" motorcycle liquid tire balancer to prevent puncture flats and keep things balanced. Hopefully between this it will resolve the bouncing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That could possibly be it? I will try that and advise. Thanks for the logical suggestion. 👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts