Husqvarna Norden Forum banner

MPG after 1st service?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gasguzzler1200 
I'm very pleased and surprised at the gas mileage I've been getting on my Norden 901. The worst so far is 59 MPG and the best is 64 MPG. My bike has 1,573 miles on the bike now and it had it's first service 300 miles ago. This mileage is from paved roads primarily. I'm lucky to be living in the Sierra foothills so I'm riding on good twisty asphalt roads most of the time. I've been very skeptical on the mpg that the Norden is reporting, so I've done a series of checks to make sure that it is correct. I've checked the bike's distance traveled against the GPS and it matches. I consistently filled the tank to the same spot (bottom of the gas tank filler neck) each time. Last check was 160 miles traveled and when filling up the tank it took 2.5 gallons. I use Premium Gas purchased at a convenience store ( I believe it is 91 octane).

I love this engine so that's why I was attracted to the Norden when I heard it had the KTM 890 motor in it. I have a KTM 890 Duke R - which I consider my "Goldilocks" bike. BUT maybe now the Husqvarna Norden 901 is my new "Goldilocks" bike <;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.