Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a little over 400 miles on the bike today. Was riding Phantom Canyon Rd (dirt) from Canon City, CO to Victor, CO and the ride modes disappeared. I mean they were gone from any of the menus. Started heading home and they popped back on the screen (center icon that displays "street", "rain", etc) for a few minutes, then disappeared again. Stopped in Cripple Creek, CO for fuel and leaving there, I was behind a car going about 40mph and the engine light came on, then the oil light came on and the engine shut down (there was no yellow RPM gauge). Pulled over and found a level spot to check the oil level...all good. Started the bike and the "engine" light was still on. Flipped through the menu to check the "bike info" everything is green and now warnings. Started heading home again, everything seemed ok except the "engine" light was still on. About 50 miles down the road, I tried to turn on the cruise control...it turned on, but I couldn't set a speed (wouldn't turn green) and was like this all the way home. I tried shutting down the bike and letting it sit for a few minutes a couple of times on the way home, but nothing changed. Then when I was almost home, I stopped at a neighbors house for about five minutes and when I went back to the bike, the "engine" light was off and the cruise control was working again. WTF. I was hoping the light would stay on so that when I take it to the shop, they could hopefully pull some codes or something. I'm starting to think this bike is a lemon with electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check your battery terminals make sure they are snug. Always first thing I check on any bike that does that sort of stuff. I bet 30-40% of the time that's the problem. Also KTMs (and other brands) will do weird things if both keys to the bike are on the same keyring and in the ignition. My '16 Super Duke GT did stuff like that until the dealer told me to separate the keys.

·
Registered
2022 Husqvarna Norden 901
20 Posts
Pretty sure the cruise control won't engage under certain conditions with the 'engine' light on.

Sounds like you have a loose connector somewhere. Electrical problems are the worst, especially when intermittent. Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoping I found the culprit. Went out again yesterday with a buddy and had "close throttle" issues...in that it wouldn't register that it was closed. Remembered that I had installed the spacer kit below and decided to check it when I arrived home. Sure enough, that thing had broken and one half was just loose inside the throttle control. I hope it was that simple and will keep everyone posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts