Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of videos of getting rid of the mid pipe (weight savings is huge), but what are they using? I know Arrow and Tekmo has a kit for the 790-890 KTM, but does it fit correctly? Only want the Mid Pipe as I want to put on my Akropovic Muffler/Silencer (coming soon).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've seen a couple of videos of getting rid of the mid pipe (weight savings is huge), but what are they using? I know Arrow and Tekmo has a kit for the 790-890 KTM, but does it fit correctly? Only want the Mid Pipe as I want to put on my Akropovic Muffler/Silencer (coming soon).
Sounds like you want to remove the Catalytic converter and void your 2-year warranty ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also the heat is ridiculous, heating up the shock on slow speed trails is what I'm more concerned about.
Hey retroman,
Is the Catalytic converter what makes it so hot around the legs?
Picked up my Norden yesterday arvo, 1-hour ride back home in cold and wet conditions.
The heat coming out mainly onto my left leg was unbelievable.
I was thinking through the Australian summer this heat would be horrific.

·
Registered
Husqvarna 901 Norden + KTM 790 adv. R.
51 Posts
Ahoj, ratajte s tým, že keď odstránite katalyzátor a nahraďte dekatom,( rurkou ), tak sa dosť neúmerne zdvihne hladina hluku. Mam skusenost s KTM 790 adv.R. Nie moc dobre na cestovanie. Ja som to cele prerábať, teraz je to fajn.
Vyrobil som takýto debekyler a depulzatur.

Bicycle part Cylinder Gas Tool Machine

Bicycle part Gas Rim Cylinder Metal

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats sup all. Has anyone figured out what is a better placement mid-pipe for the Norden 901 with an Akro exhaust yet? (Running hot is not the way to go on an ADV bike) . Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Then, in your view , "let sleeping dogs lie" is the way to go here? Weight savings is desirious as is "less heat" but if the heat issue is overblown, all right then. Thoughts?
Chris Birch added the Camel ADV heat shield for the shock to his 890. Every bike has a Cat, and they get hot. To me, the heat issue is overblown. Besides, removing it voids your warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for this feed-back. I will place my order today for the Camel ADV heat shield as well. Best to all. ...
So I have the arrow stainless mid pipe… the Cat is just a big heavy piece of junk slowing down ur exhaust and cooking your shock….. I say get rid of it….plus it sounds better… if you have a warrantee issue…put it back in. So far I’m not too impressed with build quality….leaky radiator hoses, missing bolt on the bottom skid plate, loose rear blinker lights. I’m ending up putting lock tight on every bolt I’m removing. So far….. Camel 2 finger clutch, new aluminum chain guard, crash bars, the Arrow cat delete mid pipe, moved the handle bars back toward the seat, installed double take mirrors (way less vibration and better rear view)
Plant Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire
Plant Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I have the arrow stainless mid pipe… the Cat is just a big heavy piece of junk slowing down ur exhaust and cooking your shock….. I say get rid of it….plus it sounds better… if you have a warrantee issue…put it back in. So far I’m not too impressed with build quality….leaky radiator hoses, missing bolt on the bottom skid plate, loose rear blinker lights. I’m ending up putting lock tight on every bolt I’m removing. So far….. Camel 2 finger clutch, new aluminum chain guard, crash bars, the Arrow cat delete mid pipe, moved the handle bars back toward the seat, installed double take mirrors (way less vibration and better rear view) View attachment 472 View attachment 472
So I have the arrow stainless mid pipe… the Cat is just a big heavy piece of junk slowing down ur exhaust and cooking your shock….. I say get rid of it….plus it sounds better… if you have a warrantee issue…put it back in. So far I’m not too impressed with build quality….leaky radiator hoses, missing bolt on the bottom skid plate, loose rear blinker lights. I’m ending up putting lock tight on every bolt I’m removing. So far….. Camel 2 finger clutch, new aluminum chain guard, crash bars, the Arrow cat delete mid pipe, moved the handle bars back toward the seat, installed double take mirrors (way less vibration and better rear view) View attachment 472 View attachment 472
Sweet Mods Javaaddicted. Which engine guard did you go with, looks like Hepco and Becker? Disappointing to hear about the build quality though. The premise behind this bike is, in my view a possible GS smoker but when i hear these negatives regarding build quality and reliability potential issues, i start having doubts. I will be picking up my bike sometime next week.

Roughly how much weight savings did you gain taking out the stock mid pipe approx?

Thanks for the feedback.

PTR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whats sup all. Has anyone figured out what is a better placement mid-pipe for the Norden 901 with an Akro exhaust yet? (Running hot is not the way to go on an ADV bike) . Thanks in advance...
So ive heard of fitting issues with the titanium mid pipe. Also when u look at it …the curves are not smooth, they can’t bend the titanium so there are ridges. This is no bueno….… ridges create air turbulence… don’t waste ur money on. Titanium mid pipe that saves you 2 pounds and creates exhaust turbulence. Exhaust manifold engineers do all they can to create smooth curves….spend less and get an Arrow stainless pipe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You save a little less than 4 lbs…if u replace the silencer (stock exhaunt) about 7lbs. I added the crash bars which adds more weight than both ..the weight is so low it’s kinda a wash…. I’m not too concerned about a few lbs, .sitting super low on the bike. I wouldn’t replace it for the weight savings…. U’ll never notice it, sitting so low. To me it’s more of an exhaust flow and heat issue. 890’s have cooked the rear shock! This is not overblown, has happened repeatedly. The heat shield is a good idea, but if u install the cat delete, not needed…in my opinion. The chain guard is a must, broken chains have busted the crank case…. The stock is a piece of plastic that wouldn’t stop your pecker, let alone a busted chain.

·
Registered
Husqvarna 901
12 Posts
Hi Java....Do you have Re-mapped the ECU without CAT ???

1 - 20 of 38 Posts