Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TL;DR: There's a new adjustable length kickstand available for KTM 790/890 Adventure & Husky Norden 901!

Friends, I recently ran across an interesting article about Swiftkicker adjustable kickstands (side stands) in an ADVRider article that was published this month (https://www.advrider.com/swiftkicker-kickstands/). Single Track Innovations has been making their Swiftkicker adjustable length kickstands for dirt bikes since 2015 - but I read with interest that the first design for a heavier ADV bike was currently in the works - for the KTM 790/890 Adventure! Read the article yourself, if the subject interests you!
I reached out to Jeff Deeney, who confirmed that the prototyping stage was done, and now he needs at least 10 people to let him know that they want this product! I pointed out to Jeff that the Norden 901 has the same engine and chassis as the 890 Adventure - and that the part numbers for the sidestand attachment point were the same, even though the stands themselves were different (because they are different lengths, to accommodate the different length suspensions on the different models). I told him that Norden owners would also be good candidates for this adjustable length side stand product, and that I wanted to be one of the first to try it on a Norden!

I have often found myself trying to park my adventure bike on the trail and found the uneven surfaces making it difficult to get the bike to stand upright. If you've had the same experience, and own a KTM 790 or 890 Adventure or Husqvarna Norden 901, and want one of these for your bike - then reach out to Jeff Deeney and let him know! He doesn't have final pricing figured out yet, but his current models all sell for $190 USD. The new part needs to be beefier, to handle the weight of an adventure bike, but I wouldn't expect it to be hugely more expensive. Jeff needs 10 commitments before he can get a production order started.

Jeff can be reached by email at [email protected]
Jeff has a Facebook page for his business: https://www.facebook.com/singletrackinnovationsswiftkicker/ and he may respond if you message him there. I haven't tried to contact him at the listed phone number. It sounds like he's making some website and hosting changes, so if you want to email him, use his Gmail address I provided above and not the email address listed on his Facebook page.
Font Wood Screenshot Terrestrial plant Soil

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manufacturer never let me know he had gotten enough people to be interested to put a batch order together. I'll see about reaching out to him to see what the status is....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts