Husqvarna Norden Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. A friend of mine let me ride his new BMW1250GS and Africa Twin 1100 and I think I might put an adventure bike in my fleet pretty soon. I have several bikes, mostly dirt bikes. I have had a BMW R1150RT since 2001. It is good to ride 2-up with the wife for longer distances and is pretty sporty over the mountain passes. But, riding these newer bikes has me realizing its age and "character" traits. I'm hoping a slightly more upright riding position will prove to be at least as comfortable as my current bike. A smoother engine is very welcome. The ability to ride fire roads and trails would be a nice perk where I live.
Although I haven't made up my mind on which bike to buy, I'm strongly leaning toward the Norden 901. Hoping that it can be decent with the wife on the back for at least a whole tank of fuel for the both of us. I look forward to following up to the release of the bike. She sure is a beauty!

Jon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Have you looked into the dimension on the 901 and compared it to your height, inseam, arm length, etc.?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!
Have you looked into the dimension on the 901 and compared it to your height, inseam, arm length, etc.?
Thank you for the welcome!

No, I haven't. I'm not intimidated by a taller bike. I'm 5'10" but ride my BMW in the highest seat position to not feel cramped while seated. I even thought about getting a 1290 but the engine heat and high fuel tank on the current version are negatives. What do we know about the dimensions other than it's pretty close to the new KTM 890?

Jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey @sierrarider! welcome to the forum! What about the Norden got you interested in it?
Hi Randy!
I think that the KTM brand is at the forefront of offroad motorcycle technology and give the owners bikes that work for the varied environments that they will be using them. I think that the 901 Norden is a more beautiful version of the KTM 890. We will see if I can hold out until they are available here in the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts