Husqvarna Norden Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm a rider from France. I'm 34 and I ride a KTM 690 SMCR '19.
I'm searching for his replacement and the Norden 901 seems to be that one.
I want to do more offroad and with the 890 engine, maybe a lighter frame than the 790 Adventure R, it will be perfect 馃槈.

Registered
Greetings (from across the pond, in Oregon USA) those 690's are a power house, i had the 690 duke for a short run, but wanted something more off road oriented.
Eventually settled on the versys x 300, but like you, i'm looking forward to the Norden line as a better compromise :D (the 401 or 501 catch my eye as hopefully lighter weight)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome @duaner
Are you planning to keep your KTM after getting the 901? Also, have you looked at potential mods/accessories to get?
Welcome to the forum @duaner! What other bikes have you owned along with your 690 SMCR?
This is actually my first bike and I don't think I will keep it, it's a budget and I don't have time to ride this 2 bikes.
For the mod I'm a fresh biker ( less than 2 years of licence) so my licence is restricted, I cannot have full power so I have just changed the exhaust (muffler from Husky 701 2016 and the titanium header pipe is from tekmo). I saw some guys in France who remap the bike after getting the power commander V.
I have some parts like the headlight led from KTM EXC.
And by the way I'm glad to be welcome like that !

Registered
This is actually my first bike and I don't think I will keep it, it's a budget and I don't have time to ride this 2 bikes.
For the mod I'm a fresh biker ( less than 2 years of licence) so my licence is restricted, I cannot have full power so I have just changed the exhaust (muffler from Husky 701 2016 and the titanium header pipe is from tekmo). I saw some guys in France who remap the bike after getting the power commander V.
Even with the limitations of being a new rider, that still sounds like a very good start!
At least it gives you more time to consider riding gear and other more basic things. Are you all caught up on riding gear or still have some to get?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Even with the limitations of being a new rider, that still sounds like a very good start!
At least it gives you more time to consider riding gear and other more basic things. Are you all caught up on riding gear or still have some to get?
Actually, I don't think I understand the meaning of "riding gear" quite well. Are you talking about equipments for me ? Or my bike ?
So I'm fully equiped for the road, but if I'm beginning some offroad with this 901 or even the 890 Adventure I'll need to get some boots, protection and maybe an another helmet.

And I can confirm, I ride bike since I'm 15 years old, so yeah, the 690 SMCR is a good choice to start ;-).

Registered
Actually, I don't think I understand the meaning of "riding gear" quite well. Are you talking about equipments for me ? Or my bike ?
So I'm fully equiped for the road, but if I'm beginning some offroad with this 901 or even the 890 Adventure I'll need to get some boots, protection and maybe an another helmet.

And I can confirm, I ride bike since I'm 15 years old, so yeah, the 690 SMCR is a good choice to start ;-).
Sorry, I meant riding gear as in protective gear for you to wear (helmets, pads, jackets, pants, boots etc.).
Won't mind knowing what you plan on adding to the bike too!

Registered
That's fair. The Norden should be a great bike for you to follow your KTM with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts