Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I picked up my Norden on Friday and pretty much haven't stopped riding it since then. Done over 1000km and love it so far (y):)

Before the Norden I've been riding a Yamaha MT-09 for 8 years and various other bikes for the last 20-something years... but since I enjoy a bit of touring and maybe trying some trails as well I thought it would be a good change.

I got the Norden 2nd hand, 1 month old with 1600km on the clock, from a dealer. Previous owner had already fitted crash bars and center stand and the first service was also done. Then they offered me a good trade-in for the MT and my mind was made up.
No idea why he sold it so quickly, but good for me. 馃槈

I do have a couple of issues I'd like to run by you... Will do new post in the 901 section though.

Anyway, glad to be here 馃憤

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @paletrialrider

The crash bars are made by Hepco&Becker...

Engine crash bar: Motorschutzb眉gel schwarz f眉r Husqvarna Norden 901 (2022-) | 5017634 00 01

Hand Guards: Griffschutz (links + rechts) schwarz f眉r Husqvarna Norden 901 (2022-) | 42127634 00 01

With the GS I guess at least for the 1250... They're a different target audience than what the Norden is aimed at. So no, I don't think it'll tempt them away from the GS but I can imagine some of them getting one in addition to the GS ;)
With the 800 GS it may be a different story, especially if someone's not already got a BMW and just sticking with the brand...

For me the GS (either 800 or 1250) was never in the running due to a couple of lemons I had years ago... I was looking at things like the KTM 890 Adventure (didn't like the look, seat and non-adjustable forks), Ducati Multistrada V2 (didn't like the engine at low revs and the seat got bloody hot), Honda Africa Twin (just didn't do it for me), Triumph Tiger 900 (no dealership anywhere near) and a few more...

Registered
Thanks @paletrialrider

The crash bars are made by Hepco&Becker...

Engine crash bar: Motorschutzb眉gel schwarz f眉r Husqvarna Norden 901 (2022-) | 5017634 00 01

Hand Guards: Griffschutz (links + rechts) schwarz f眉r Husqvarna Norden 901 (2022-) | 42127634 00 01

With the GS I guess at least for the 1250... They're a different target audience than what the Norden is aimed at. So no, I don't think it'll tempt them away from the GS but I can imagine some of them getting one in addition to the GS ;)
With the 800 GS it may be a different story, especially if someone's not already got a BMW and just sticking with the brand...

For me the GS (either 800 or 1250) was never in the running due to a couple of lemons I had years ago... I was looking at things like the KTM 890 Adventure (didn't like the look, seat and non-adjustable forks), Ducati Multistrada V2 (didn't like the engine at low revs and the seat got bloody hot), Honda Africa Twin (just didn't do it for me), Triumph Tiger 900 (no dealership anywhere near) and a few more...
Danke Bluezed! ( Great name btw).
I was just curious of your opinion.
I too have chosen the same crash bars and hand guards, Hepco & Becker, on my Norden as well. Thankfully I haven鈥檛 tested them just yet.
I also just so happen to have an 800 GS and a 1260 S Multi and both, for me have been fantastic bikes although the 800 I have, has zero added electronic aids, less ABS and thus I found some limitations with the kind of all around riding I do.

I curiously wonder if BMW will now really attempt to make a light weight, performing competitor to this Norden? We shall see.

all the best and-enjoy the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts