Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am in the final stages of deciding between a KTM 890 and a Norden 901 and am just about set on the 901. I saw a review a few days ago that mentioned excessive heat coming through the seat. Has anyone noticed this?

Thanks

·
Registered
Husqvarna 901 Norden + KTM 790 adv. R.
51 Posts
Ja v Slovenskej republike zatiaľ žiadne negatíva. No jazdil som len v teplotách max 12 stupňoch. Mám aj motocykel KTM 790 Adv. R, tam som tiež nepociťoval nadmerné prehrievanie sedačky.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am in the final stages of deciding between a KTM 890 and a Norden 901 and am just about set on the 901. I saw a review a few days ago that mentioned excessive heat coming through the seat. Has anyone noticed this?

Thanks

I have the 790 ADV +Norden +Ducati Srambler. The Ducati cooks your meet. On the KTM you are freezing. There is no heat under the seat.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I definitely feel the heat, but only on my left leg. Thought maybe it was exclusive to the 901, but I rode my friends 1190 and got the same from his bike. I've found that if it gets too hot, I just have to swing my knee out from the bike and the air directed around the bike cools it down pretty quickly. I think the "hot" side of the radiator is directing the heat onto the left leg.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the Camel ADV heat shield and it helps a lot but most of the heat comes from the left side fan/radiator. I have found that moving my leg 1/2" away from the "tank" allows airflow and makes it much better. It's not been a deal breaker for me yet, I also have not been in the desert on a 95°F day doing single track yet.

If you go with an 890 you will lose the comfy seat on the Norden. I can ride for much longer than any other bike I've tried to date with that wide saddle. I'll be getting a heated ergo seat when they are available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts