Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at all of the pricey options to reduce vibration and decided to do an experiment. I went to the hardware store and spent less than a dollar on 2 rubber grommets. I think it did the trick.

The grommet is installed on the bar clamp bolt below the lower bar clamp and upper fork clamp. The grommet fits inside of the machined groove on the bar clamp which is intended to help keep the bars straight.

I didn't over torque the bar clamp bolts when I reinstalled them and used low strength Loctite. I don't know if its in my head but it seemed to help.

The grommets are 15mm (OD) X 10MM (ID) X 8mm (THK) or 1/2 in (OD) X 3/16 in (ID) X 1/4 in (THK)
Handwriting Saving Coin Money Money handling

·
Registered
KTM640 Adventure. Norden 901. RE Bullet 1963
53 Posts
Vibes? What vibes? I recently took my old KTM640 out for a spin…if you ever want vibes it has them on tap 😜
My Norden is the smoothest and quiet too, no vibes here, loving the difference from my old beast

·
Registered
82 Posts
Vibes? What vibes? I recently took my old KTM640 out for a spin…if you ever want vibes it has them on tap 😜
My Norden is the smoothest and quiet too, no vibes here, loving the difference from my old beast
Haha. I agree, I'm being picky. My last bike was a single cylinder (650 GS Dakar). That has vibration. Norden is smooth.

Like I say though the right handle bar does have a buzz that isn't as apparent in the left. When cruising at highway if I lightly rest my fingers on the grips or the levers there is a difference between the right and left side.

I'm not particularly worried or bothered about it. Just an observation from my experience which aligned with the post above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I picked up my 901 I rode it 700km back home. I never noticed a vibration. However, each bike can have its own idiosyncrasies. My Africa Twin used to have a vibration through the handle bars but others never had the same problem.

Changing the rear tire to a TKC70 Rocks made the 901 ride even more smoothly on tarseal, and when I change the front to a TKC70 it will be even more smooth. There is a distinct loud hum created from the OEM tires. Since 99% of my riding will be on tarseal or gravel I don't need strongly biased dirt tires on the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wrote 3+ hours on the interstate and certainly noticed vibration, not as much as riding my cafe bike on the slab that long but definitely a little buzzy by the end of the trip (lots of grooved pavement on stock tires).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts