Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a deposit down on a Norden 901, but there are people ahead of me. So, I'm most likely looking at next year unless I can find one somewhere else. So, If anyone knows of one being sold in the US that isn't priced above MSRP, please let me know!

I sold my motorcycle last year when used prices started going up. I had no idea just how bad inventory shortages would be. Lucky for me, my son doesn't have a good place to keep his Kawasaki Versys-X 300 this summer so I'll be keeping it and riding it while I wait for my Norden.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put money down last November and got it from Moon Motorsports. All their Nordens have deposits down. I think it's going to be pretty tough finding one this year.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moon Motorsports is where I have my deposit. They are the only dealer I found that would take a deposit to save my place in line for next year's allocation. I also have my name on lists at 8 other dealers. All of them have this year's allocations spoken for and would not take a deposit to get on the list for next year. So, who knows if they'll actually call me If one becomes available this year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Moon Motorsports is where I have my deposit. They are the only dealer I found that would take a deposit to save my place in line for next year's allocation. I also have my name on lists at 8 other dealers. All of them have this year's allocations spoken for and would not take a deposit to get on the list for next year. So, who knows if they'll actually call me If one becomes available this year.
You might get lucky. Lots of new bikes at dealers with leaking shocks pulled and returned to Husqvarna for repair. Rumour the shocks might be available in July, or August. Some are asking for deposit back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked mine up from Gunnison Motorsports in Colorado this weekend. He said he has one more coming in next month and nobody has spoken for it yet. Fritz is the owner and is a great guy (Ex IDSE rider). Its a very small shop so he flies under the radar a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked mine up from Gunnison Motorsports in Colorado this weekend. He said he has one more coming in next month and nobody has spoken for it yet. Fritz is the owner and is a great guy (Ex IDSE rider). Its a very small shop so he flies under the radar a bit.
Thanks for the lead! It's a bit farther out than I'm ready to go right now. I'm trying get one within 600 miles so I don't need to trailer or get break in service on the way home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all! I have a deposit down on a Norden 901, but there are people ahead of me. So, I'm most likely looking at next year unless I can find one somewhere else. So, If anyone knows of one being sold in the US that isn't priced above MSRP, please let me know!
Just out of curiosity (beyond the obvious that nobody likes to pay more than they have to - and I’m totally with you there), why don’t you just grab a bike no matter what the markup is? You would miss out on riding a Norden for a year to save 500 - 1000 bucks of markup? I think people that dropped $20,000 - $30,000 for dealer markups (or more) on a rare Mercedes or a Ford Raptor are crazy, but that’s because I’m too poor to understand. Up to $1000 extra on a motorcycle doesn’t seem like that big of a deal.

I luckily grabbed the last one that I could find up here in Washington State for $1000 over MSRP, and I’m not a rich man. In fact, I financed it. I walked in with a smile and walked out with a bike (and an even bigger smile). Perhaps I value this bike more because I think it’s already underpriced for how much you get - and it’s literally the perfect combination of specs. I am ecstatic that I was able to get my hands on one despite spending $1000 over, because I have been “waiting for this bike” (to exist) for at least 10 years. I think KTMs are ugly as sin and the 701 Enduro and Ténéré 700 aren’t quite enough for me, already had a bloated GS Adventure (never again!), KLRs are about as exciting as a minivan, and although the AT is a sweet bike, I wanted something a little more unique and I love everything about the Norden. At least on paper (haven’t picked it up, yet…).

So, I am just curious if you need a little push from some random voices on the interwebs to tell you to just go get one already 😊 😊 😊 GO GET ONE ALREADY!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might get lucky. Lots of new bikes at dealers with leaking shocks pulled and returned to Husqvarna for repair. Rumour the shocks might be available in July, or August. Some are asking for deposit back.
I am anxious to get to the bottom of the rear shock issue and hear others experiences. I suppose I should find another thread to add much on this topic, but for now I will just say I know the shock on mine has been pulled and sent off “to Illinois” to be rebuilt, but it’s not yet clear to me when it will get back here and installed so I can take her home. I was told probably a month-ish - and that was 2 1/2 weeks ago.

If I do get to pick her up in the next two weeks, that would be great. If it takes a little longer, it’s pretty rainy up here in the PNW in April anyway (and few dirt roads to ride on). I’ll let y’all know what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't mention in my first post that I also have a deposit down on a Tenere 700. Well, that bike will be here within a couple weeks. I'm 99% sure I'm going to wait for the Norden 901. I have mild carpal tunnel in my right hand and just the fact that the Tenere 700 doesn't have cruise control makes me want to pass. I know I can get an aftermarket electronic cruise for the T7, but I don't think it could ever be as good as a factory cruise control. There are times when I'm going to need to ride on the slab for long distances to get to interesting terrain.

I'm curious: Did anyone else here consider the T7 before going with the Norden 901?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts