Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Two days ago I was planning on buying a 2022 KTM Adventure R. Tomorrow I am stopping by my local dealership to put a deposit on a 2022 Norden 901. You might ask why and that's a very good question. I had to be very honest with myself and not go with emotions. The biggest reason can be summed up in one word, "comfort." After reading several articles it was clear that the 901 kicks butt, literally, on the KTM's. This will be my very first adventure bike and my last bike was a '90 KX500 dirt bike so 32 years of no riding and I want to discover beautiful Western Canada, pack camping gear and explore mild off road trails and I think this bike will be the bees knees :D

I have already bought some items that were going to go on the 890 but I am sure they will work such as a Perun rear rack, soft pannier racks for my new Mosko Outback luggage etc. There is no riding in winter so lots of time to get the bike outfitted just right.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers

Big Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I think you will not Will be disoponted to your choice of the Norden 901.
I was thinking same that you.
Comfort is highly important.
Best regards and hope you will be happy with the motorcycle//cuecumber

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello guys,

Two days ago I was planning on buying a 2022 KTM Adventure R. Tomorrow I am stopping by my local dealership to put a deposit on a 2022 Norden 901. You might ask why and that's a very good question. I had to be very honest with myself and not go with emotions. The biggest reason can be summed up in one word, "comfort." After reading several articles it was clear that the 901 kicks butt, literally, on the KTM's. This will be my very first adventure bike and my last bike was a '90 KX500 dirt bike so 32 years of no riding and I want to discover beautiful Western Canada, pack camping gear and explore mild off road trails and I think this bike will be the bees knees :D

I have already bought some items that were going to go on the 890 but I am sure they will work such as a Perun rear rack, soft pannier racks for my new Mosko Outback luggage etc. There is no riding in winter so lots of time to get the bike outfitted just right.

Cheers

Big Mike
Welcome Big Mike
I think you will be happy with your choice I also am choosing the Norden because of being real with riding conditions and expectations. The KTM R models are bad a"# but me just trying to get there and check some trails out and get home. Let the farkeling begin!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where in Western Canada are you at Big Mike?
I'm in BC. Deposit on a 901 at Mile Zero Motorsports in Ladysmith.

3 Mate's I ride with have 890R's - I can attest to the 890R being able to shrug off substantial off road bike dumps from the 'just send it' attitude.
The 901 has a lot more pretty plastics that will hopefully survive exploring FSR's when you realize the road is impassible and you have to ride back up that gnarly water-soaked hill...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Black99s,

I'm in Lethbridge Alberta. I put down a deposit at Lethbridge Honda Center and they told me some time in January. Hope to make it to the Island sometime as I know a couple of people there including one in Ladysmith.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello guys,

Cheers

Big Mike
Welcome @Big Mike speed vs comfort seems to be one of the main distinctions between the KTM and Norden. I think the 901 will suit your needs nicely. What other bikes have you recently owned?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome @Big Mike speed vs comfort seems to be one of the main distinctions between the KTM and Norden. I think the 901 will suit your needs nicely. What other bikes have you recently owned?
Hi RandyM,

Thanks for your comments. I have not ridden a bike since 1992 so 30 years by the time I get the Norden so a looong time. My last bike was a '90 Kawasaki KX500 dirt bike. I even just started a YouTube channel about my quest to get into Adventure biking
although I have just created a new banner and will be releasing a new video later today.

What I will be doing with the 901 is using it for going to and from work, casual riding and going on adventures with my buddy to camp and discover off road trails etc so no heavy duty dirt biking (too old for that) and from your description the 901 will be a perfect match.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think you will be surprised with the engine, its no slouch. I too have one ordered, I had a GSA and didn't go some places I wanted to because bike was just to big, but I need a bike I can ride to these places in semi- comfort. I am hoping the Norden will be the Goldilocks of Adv bikes. I think you made a good choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where in Western Canada are you at Big Mike?
I'm in BC. Deposit on a 901 at Mile Zero Motorsports in Ladysmith.

3 Mate's I ride with have 890R's - I can attest to the 890R being able to shrug off substantial off road bike dumps from the 'just send it' attitude.
The 901 has a lot more pretty plastics that will hopefully survive exploring FSR's when you realize the road is impassible and you have to ride back up that gnarly water-soaked hill...
I too have put my deposit down at Milezero Motorsports in Ladysmith.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts