Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I rode the bike for the first 350 km. North east of Italy, near Garda Lake. The last month, in the plain, only often very thick fog or rain. Today, finally, some sun and let’s go to the mountains. Pict is about 1600 m above sea level, in the Brenta Dolomites. Very humid and sometimes slippery roads, but enough to travel.

And it's nice to travel with the Norden: easy, light, well supported on the suspension even if you get a little strong in corners. In fast curves it is well planted and follows the set trajectory well, while in hairpin thought is enough, even if today the slimy road has often suggested a lot of prudence. The engine is ready and full-bodied but, compared to the 1090, at the same gas opening they are slower. The larger engine, however less fluid, has more torque at low and mid revs. But the Norden with its mid-twin takes you everywhere without problems and gives a carefree driving that I really appreciated. However, I hope that after the first chek the engine can be more ready and responsive.
Quickshift works well and can create addiction. Cruise control can be used for long distans on the highway, I generally avoid it.

yesterday I mounted the oxford heated knobs waiting for OEM ones. Indispensable when traveling below zero. The air protection is lower than that ensured by the 1090, I,m 170 cm tall and all shoulders remain outside while with the Ktm the overall dimensions were such as to ensure greater protection. The cold I felt today also makes me think that, by far, Norden warms much less. It may be a good thing in the summer but today I have traveled often with -2/-4 degrees Celsius and I have heard it a lot.

The saddle is very comfortable, although at the end of the day, as usual, I had leg cramps. Removing grommets from footpegs can gain a few angles to the knees ... sore note, for me, the height of the saddle: I touch little, too little. In the middle of the lap I removed some preload at the rear to gain a few millimeters, I will probably also lower the front by moving the fork tubes. The brake and clutch levers have a crown with several recesses to adjust the distance very accurately, far more than those with the classic four positions. Due to the width of the hull just after the saddle, the gear levers and rear brake are sometimes a bit difficult to reach. I will get used to it.

In short, for now I'm happy (yes, it does something to your brain… ) the bike is really beautiful and, with a few small tricks, I hope it can accompany me for several years and many, many kilometers!

As usual,

Tire Sky Fuel tank Wheel Motorcycle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to write your 350km report Gixxxer,
I suppose many are waiting for their bikes to arrive, and being able to read your experience is food for thought. I think that is a great photo with the mountains in the background, it certainly looks cold as bro!
Marko (y)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Today I rode the bike for the first 350 km. North east of Italy, near Garda Lake. The last month, in the plain, only often very thick fog or rain. Today, finally, some sun and let’s go to the mountains. Pict is about 1600 m above sea level, in the Brenta Dolomites. Very humid and sometimes slippery roads, but enough to travel.

And it's nice to travel with the Norden: easy, light, well supported on the suspension even if you get a little strong in corners. In fast curves it is well planted and follows the set trajectory well, while in hairpin thought is enough, even if today the slimy road has often suggested a lot of prudence. The engine is ready and full-bodied but, compared to the 1090, at the same gas opening they are slower. The larger engine, however less fluid, has more torque at low and mid revs. But the Norden with its mid-twin takes you everywhere without problems and gives a carefree driving that I really appreciated. However, I hope that after the first chek the engine can be more ready and responsive.
Quickshift works well and can create addiction. Cruise control can be used for long distans on the highway, I generally avoid it.

yesterday I mounted the oxford heated knobs waiting for OEM ones. Indispensable when traveling below zero. The air protection is lower than that ensured by the 1090, I,m 170 cm tall and all shoulders remain outside while with the Ktm the overall dimensions were such as to ensure greater protection. The cold I felt today also makes me think that, by far, Norden warms much less. It may be a good thing in the summer but today I have traveled often with -2/-4 degrees Celsius and I have heard it a lot.

The saddle is very comfortable, although at the end of the day, as usual, I had leg cramps. Removing grommets from footpegs can gain a few angles to the knees ... sore note, for me, the height of the saddle: I touch little, too little. In the middle of the lap I removed some preload at the rear to gain a few millimeters, I will probably also lower the front by moving the fork tubes. The brake and clutch levers have a crown with several recesses to adjust the distance very accurately, far more than those with the classic four positions. Due to the width of the hull just after the saddle, the gear levers and rear brake are sometimes a bit difficult to reach. I will get used to it.

In short, for now I'm happy (yes, it does something to your brain… ) the bike is really beautiful and, with a few small tricks, I hope it can accompany me for several years and many, many kilometers!

As usual,

View attachment 247
Nice review. I’m also 170cm tall and concerned about seat shape / height. Waiting for 901 to arrive west coast of Canada. Deposit down.
Hope my 81cm (32”) inseam will allow me to get balls of feet on the ground.
How long are your legs?

Option could be the suspension lowering kit. Anyone contemplating this option?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for your report gixxxer. Mine is in the store. I ordered the lowering kit and waiting for its installation on the bike to get it. I am 174 cm tall and the standard height is a bit too high for me to be confident.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Black99s, @BernardV: I don't mean it's necessary, with your leg height/length, to use the lowering kit. It would be appropriate for me, to tell the truth, but I would first like to check the differences also on an aesthetic level.

Today I still did another 280 km, up and down the hills around here, with narrow, winding streets. The first two hairpin bends - narrow, really tight! - I struggled to coordinate gear, revs and steering but once I took measurements it's very easy, fun and not fatigue driving. You can see what I mean for narrow hairpin here:

And here a bit of the road on the hills I‘ve done today: Google Maps

geocode=FV_7twIdFHqmACkngxnOYvmBRzHmLD4C73W3Eg%3D%3D;FcOvtwIdVmSmACmVWcmRx_uBRzEgS0Bt5h1bDQ%3D%3D;FbuytwIdAlOmACkHTAUxyPuBRzEWiAgrmVbdTg%3D%3D&daddr=Grotta%20di%20Fumane,%20Via%20Progni,%20Fumane,%20VR%20to:Manune,%2037022%20VR&saddr=Molina,%20VR&dirflg=d&ftid=0x4781f962ce198327:0x12b775ef023e2ce6;0x4781fbc831054c07:0x4edd56992b088816&lucs=s2se

I don’t know if this is the right place to post pict but I’ve done this to:
Sky Road surface Cloud Natural landscape Branch

Snow Sky Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire

Sky Tire Mountain Motorcycle Vehicle

Plant People in nature Sky Branch Natural landscape

Sky Cloud Mountain Plant Vehicle

I don't think this bike is perfect, far from it certainly has flaws that each of us can identify. But I think she has a problem: when you use it you don't want to bring it home anymore... :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi BernardV,
Maybe you could take some photos and let us know what your thoughts are once you get your bike?
I am thinking down the same line (Lowering kit), when I asked my dealer about it, he encouraged me to wait until the bikes come in, work out sag, weight etc, then plan from there; sounded like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi BernardV,
Maybe you could take some photos and let us know what your thoughts are once you get your bike?
I am thinking down the same line (Lowering kit), when I asked my dealer about it, he encouraged me to wait until the bikes come in, work out sag, weight etc, then plan from there; sounded like a good idea to me.
I tried static and just had my tiptoes touching. I preferred to install the lowering kit to be confident

·
Registered
11 Posts
@gixxxer: Very nice photos. I have planned to go to Dolomites in 2020 with my son, my brother and my brother in law but with covid we hadden to cancel. Perhaps for 2022 ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts