Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's weird, mine only goes 130ish max... (On a closed course)

Joking aside, the quick shifter can be scary sometimes. For me it will go into neutral between 4th and 5th while the engine bounces off the rev limiter and then slam the bike back down into 4th gear. Not a pleasant experience at all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hate to say it but the problem with the quick shifter is user error. I had the same problem at first with the 890 and really the problem was me. I think the reason it will miss between 4th and 5th is we're approaching a speed where we want to be and are not on the throttle as much as when shifting the lower gears. Guaranteed if you 9A) make sure you are on the gas (b) make a deliberate shift from 4th to 5th you will not miss shifts. Try it and let me know how you make out.
The other thing is when they did the 600 mile service on your bike part of the service is a "relearn" procedure for the quick shifter. It makes a difference so you want to be sure its done. Won't stop you from missing shifts between 4 and 5 with the quick shifter but it will make the quick shifter work better.

·
Registered
2022 Husqvarna Norden 901
20 Posts
Spoiler alert!

It's fast. :LOL:

I'm coming to this bike off a Honda 919, which isn't a slow motorcycle, and I miss nothing about the 919's performance vs the Norden. If anything, the Norden pulls a lot harder from low RPM than the Honda did. It also handles a lot better on twisty roads than it should for something that handles dirt so well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hate to say it but the problem with the quick shifter is user error. I had the same problem at first with the 890 and really the problem was me. I think the reason it will miss between 4th and 5th is we're approaching a speed where we want to be and are not on the throttle as much as when shifting the lower gears. Guaranteed if you 9A) make sure you are on the gas (b) make a deliberate shift from 4th to 5th you will not miss shifts. Try it and let me know how you make out.
The other thing is when they did the 600 mile service on your bike part of the service is a "relearn" procedure for the quick shifter. It makes a difference so you want to be sure its done. Won't stop you from missing shifts between 4 and 5 with the quick shifter but it will make the quick shifter work better.
I disagree, I swapped bikes with my buddy this weekend and didn't get a single quick shift issue on his 901. My buddy complained about my bike "shifting funny" and "going into neutral" while riding. Yes, I can use the clutch and avoid the issue, but the entire point of having a quick-shift is to not need the clutch. It's only an issue 2% of the time, and some rides it won't ever happen, I'm at 4000 miles and I've tried being very deliberate and still have issues. I do I think these bikes are a little finicky and very from bike to bike. I noticed some improvement when I got my oil changed, but I may need a sensor calibration and possibly a Vanasche shifter arm thingy to take any slop out of the equation. They said they updated the software but no mention of the quick shifter.

I never had an issue while riding my buddies 901, never had an issue on an 1290R, never had an issue on a R1250GS with quick shift. I've only had this happen on my 901.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I never had a problem with my 1290 either but after riding the 890/901 the 1290 quick shifter doesn't feel very quick. Have the dealer do the relearn and see where you're at. All I can tell you is my 890 doesn't miss shifts any more and nothing has changed on the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts