Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you don’t mind me asking, what version of software do you have please.
wow. I’m older. Acknowledged. Archaic? Ok, maybe so. But I swore off the GS/GSAs because of all the digital nonsense. Next to the R9T, The 901 was to be one of the least ‘electrically magic’ of today’s non-analog bikes…and I think even the Ural and Royal Enfields are somewhat digital now. The phrase ‘version of software’ just makes me wince. I don’t like that my bike itself has to be occasionally ‘plugged up’ to be at its best. And yes, I knew all that when I bought in. And I’m generally happy with my 901, but this morning I find myself longing to own a GSPD that I found for a reasonable price, knowing it’s a better machine for those of us that like to leave civilization and be disconnected for long periods. Everything needed to fix, repair, diagnose a GSPD can be carried in a small pouch.

·
Registered
130 Posts
wow. I’m older. Acknowledged. Archaic? Ok, maybe so. But I swore off the GS/GSAs because of all the digital nonsense. Next to the R9T, The 901 was to be one of the least ‘electrically magic’ of today’s non-analog bikes…and I think even the Ural and Royal Enfields are somewhat digital now. The phrase ‘version of software’ just makes me wince. I don’t like that my bike itself has to be occasionally ‘plugged up’ to be at its best. And yes, I knew all that when I bought in. And I’m generally happy with my 901, but this morning I find myself longing to own a GSPD that I found for a reasonable price, knowing it’s a better machine for those of us that like to leave civilization and be disconnected for long periods. Everything needed to fix, repair, diagnose a GSPD can be carried in a small pouch.
Interesting perspective on the Norden. My buddy and I bought the Nordens because of all the technology over the 701 enduro and Tenere 700. The 901's have ABS, Ride modes, Traction control, Tilt sensors, a giant screen vs the 701 with a map button, a LCD strip and some LED lights. It was either a Norden, a Tenere or a used Africa Twin for the price and features we wanted since the '22 701's were not imported to the US.
From the reviews I've watched if you wanted something with less tech you should look into the Tenere 700. Dork in the road did a good review on each bike and that's what I took from it. I'm looking forward to the dealer being able to possibly fix some of the issues I've been having with a software patch. I get it, it's more stuff to break but all of that tech has already saved me from being sloppy a few times now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Interesting perspective on the Norden. My buddy and I bought the Nordens because of all the technology over the 701 enduro and Tenere 700. The 901's have ABS, Ride modes, Traction control, Tilt sensors, a giant screen vs the 701 with a map button, a LCD strip and some LED lights. It was either a Norden, a Tenere or a used Africa Twin for the price and features we wanted since the '22 701's were not imported to the US.
From the reviews I've watched if you wanted something with less tech you should look into the Tenere 700. Dork in the road did a good review on each bike and that's what I took from it. I'm looking forward to the dealer being able to possibly fix some of the issues I've been having with a software patch. I get it, it's more stuff to break but all of that tech has already saved me from being sloppy a few times now.
Yes, you're right. Tech is overall the better and safer. There is just that one big weakness, and that if it breaks you are less likely to be able to fix it. But to your point, I have had three GS/GSAs spanning 2004-2020 all with progressively more tech. And I had an HP2 a couple years back upon which I almost killed myself in a 'quick stop' situation. At that point I had had ABS for 20 years, but the HP2 did not. That incident drove home why ABS is a lifesaver. So I see the reasoning behind all the tech, and yes, tech has likely saved 1000s if not tens of 1000s of motorcycle riders' lives. It's just that I couldn't fix everything on my GS/GSAs nor on my new Norden. But, I'm just an old guy who used to get a lot of satisfaction out of being able to fix a broken vehicle and hobble out of the bush. I'm not confident I'll be able to do that after a few years of riding hard when all those 'connections' vibrate apart. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was having quick shifter clunkiness and cold rough starts even in Texas 100+ F temps, they plugged it into the computer and put the latest with any updates in the ECU, the bike starts smooth and the shifting is better.
That's good to hear, my bike is at the dealer's now for it's 600 mile service (oops it has 1,200 miles on it). I made a point of asking them to make sure that they up date the software if a new version is available.

Thank you for your update...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just got my 1st service, they updated the firmware, not sure if it's the new synthetic oil, or the update, but is shifts sooooo much better now. It's been updated to software version 5.20 and you can see it in the menu under the service section.

I'm really happy with the dealership I go to. The service only took 1 hour and was $208 usd out the door.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts