Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Norden looses coolant after long distance rides. Checked the system, is full. I cannot see any level in the coolant level check. Its all milky white. Can anybody post a photo how it should look like. Maybe my coolant system is overfilled?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The coolant bottle is not a great design, makes checking the level difficult due to the opacity of the plastic. Best way to do it I have found, use a torchlight to shine it through from the gap of the outside body panel, near the radiator, while looking at the level indicator. This illuminates the contents and makes it easier to see On the front inspection slot next to radiator (under the spot light).

Hope you understand.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Flashlight and looking at the gauge on the front inside of the fender worked for me. I had a coolant leak within 8 miles of riding so I brought it right back to the dealership. They said it was the radiator cap was not on all the way, easy fix. I had them double check the hose clamps when they were in there.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The coolant bottle is not a great design, makes checking the level difficult due to the opacity of the plastic. Best way to do it I have found, use a torchlight to shine it through from the gap of the outside body panel, near the radiator, while looking at the level indicator. This illuminates the contents and makes it easier to see On the front inspection slot next to radiator (under the spot light).

Hope you understand.
Works perfect. Using backlight is the solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts