Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 901 is my first big bike, I've ridden 250 - 400 cc enduros my whole life. My question is whether I need a center stand.
I'm looking at the AXP skid plate like Jack's but need to decide center stand or not. Do you need a center stand for a big bike for tire changes and stuff? I've just tossed my previous bikes including DRZ up on a foot operated lift but this bike is 100 lbs. heavier. And words of advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Norden 901; 2013 Triumph 800XC for sale; 1986 BMW R80 G/S PD
7 Posts
I’ve fitted mine with the spools to go with a Pit Bull track stand for garage use. If you’re riding longer distances, multiple days, you might appreciate having the center stand for chain maintenance on the road. I’m leaving it with just the side stand for now. I also have fitted the AXP skid plate and don't know if there is any recommendation from AXP about using a jackstand under it. They are responsive to questions, fyi.

The 901 is my first big bike, I've ridden 250 - 400 cc enduros my whole life. My question is whether I need a center stand.
I'm looking at the AXP skid plate like Jack's but need to decide center stand or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would.recommend the center stand.
I have a scottoiler mounted and even than it comes in handy.
You can easily check the rear tire on punctures, cuts and the pressure.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-S908B met Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oem centre stand is very light and stays put over jumps etc. it doesn’t hinder the use of the bike and makes bike cleaning and chain maintenance much easier. Its a no brainier as far as I’m concerned. Only negative I have with it is the lever step is too close to the ground when the bike is on the stand, which means when you push down on the rear of the bike to lift the front wheel (with assistance), or if the ground is uneven, it touches the ground and has chipped off the paint on the rear edge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oem centre stand is very light and stays put over jumps etc. it doesn’t hinder the use of the bike and makes bike cleaning and chain maintenance much easier. Its a no brainier as far as I’m concerned. Only negative I have with it is the lever step is too close to the ground when the bike is on the stand, which means when you push down on the rear of the bike to lift the front wheel (with assistance), or if the ground is uneven, it touches the ground and has chipped off the paint on the rear edge.
Thanks to all for the input and advise. I think I'll go with the center stand for all reasons mentioned. Jumps?? This old body is past any "airtime".

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts