Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Camel Adv heat shield & 1 Finger Clutch and the Ducati Spacers throttle spacer. All 3 parts were for the KTM 790/890 and all three fit and work perfectly.

Along with those 3 parts, I’ve added the OBMT center stand, the PerunMoto top rack (from Vanasche) and Touratech pannier racks for the KTM 790/890. Also Grip Puppies and the side stand foot enlarger from Vanasche (KTM 790/890). All parts have bolted right up.

Need a skid plate and tank pro. I also want my bike light, so if anybody has any experience with the AXP Touring (that’s the poly piece), I’d love to hear what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just installed the Camel Adv heat shield & 1 Finger Clutch and the Ducati Spacers throttle spacer. All 3 parts were for the KTM 790/890 and all three fit and work perfectly.

Along with those 3 parts, I’ve added the OBMT center stand, the PerunMoto top rack (from Vanasche) and Touratech pannier racks for the KTM 790/890. Also Grip Puppies and the side stand foot enlarger from Vanasche (KTM 790/890). All parts have bolted right up.

Need a skid plate and tank pro. I also want my bike light, so if anybody has any experience with the AXP Touring (that’s the poly piece), I’d love to hear what you think.
The setting you have on the 1 finger clutch is set at the same length as the factory piece you replaced it with. The clutch is at the same setting with different hardware.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Installed same one finger clutch! Makes a huge difference, so glad I did it, the longer throw makes bike feel less jumpy at low speeds, tight u turns or figure 8’s where you wanna ride the clutch a bit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, I know. There was a reason.
You are a rider of few words. Can you explain why you bought the Camel ADV One Finger Clutch, and then chose to run with the stock setting? Also, thank you for mentioning "Ducati Spacers". I was baffled as to why you would mount a Ducati product on a Husqvarna/KTM machine, so I did some Googling. I see now that these are little shims that take up slack in the throttle grip so that it doesn't wiggle around before throttle engagement. $37 for the KTM/Husqvarna specific part on ducatispacers dot com seems like money well spent. There is not listing for the Husqvarna Norden 901, so I am assuming you purchased the "2019+ KTM 790 Duke, Adventure, Adventure R" kit....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the KTM 790/890 Ducati Spacer works just fine. As for the one finger clutch, the installation video had not been put out yet. So I was testing all the settings. It just happen to be on the middle setting when I decided it was cigar break time. So I just snapped the pic. Just because I’m typing, I’ll volunteer that I hit 1300 miles this weekend after a 400 mile round trip into the Ozarks. Had it on good gravel and not so good rock. Once again I’ll state that if I ever have another GS or GSA, it’ll only be for on-road. The 901 stomps those two off road. The lack of weight and those two tanks down low have got to be the reason it handles so well. And the pic was with nearly 100 pounds of gear. I was in the Ozarks to hike the Eagle Rock loop. Oh, but even though the dealer has checked my fuel cocks and replaced a float, the gas gauge is still no accurate. Better, but not perfect in an Austrian/German engineer kinda way. And even though I had her serviced at 600 miles, the service light came on again at 1200. Since I only got back yesterday, I haven’t investigated. Thanks for the compliment, but it was misplaced. As you can now see, I’m quite verbose.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh! Should have went back and looked at my one finger clutch post. You were joking. Ha! Yes, I talk/type too much
We're birds of a feather! I usually write quite long posts, myself! Sometimes enough to warrant publishing! :LOL:

Now that you've tried the Camel "One finger clutch" accessory in all settings, Jack, what have you decided is the optimal setting for you?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As was pointed out, the furtherest out! But I don’t really need that ‘ease’. Thought I’d order it while I was getting the heat shield. I should be putting more effort into swearing off technical riding, but can’t seem to resist taking my bike and my seriously reconstructed self where neither shouldn’t be taken. I shouldn’t be riding at all really. Been looking at those off-road 911s in an attempt to lose some interest in scooters. Aint happening. Maybe after the next serious crash I’ll get my Porsche on! How did I get off down that road? We were talking about levers weren’t we? Focus old man, focus! Ok, back on topic - the stock lever resistance was really fine as was. But to even further contradict myself, I may add a set of those S African Wild at Heart 2 finger levers! They’re purty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts