Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there. Anyone else blown fork seals? I got 4600km on my bike came back to my bike after work and noticed oil all over the front wheel.

I have had dirt and dust in seals on previous bikes but I find those leak slowly. This seemed to be 1/4 cup, with most of it coming out while the bike was parked as it was pooled up on the rim.

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with fork oil leaking, but its not a bad seal...its a significant pressure build up in the fork (rebound leg). I slide a thin plastic card between the seal and the fork to clean out what I thought was dirt, and a BUNCH of pressure was released. The seal appears to be fine, but over time I'm getting a significant pressure build up and the fork does not have a bleeder screw on top so eventually is has to escape somewhere. Anyone have any insight into what I should do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having a similar issue with fork oil leaking, but its not a bad seal...its a significant pressure build up in the fork (rebound leg). I slide a thin plastic card between the seal and the fork to clean out what I thought was dirt, and a BUNCH of pressure was released. The seal appears to be fine, but over time I'm getting a significant pressure build up and the fork does not have a bleeder screw on top so eventually is has to escape somewhere. Anyone have any insight into what I should do?
I tried that first. I did have a bunch of air come out. But still have a leak. Just slower than it was. I must have has almost a 1/4 cup of oil come out on the first leak.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried that first. I did have a bunch of air come out. But still have a leak. Just slower than it was. I must have has almost a 1/4 cup of oil come out on the first leak.
Sometimes a grain of sand or something gets stuck between the seal and the fork. Pry down the wiper with a flat blade screw driver and take a business card the stick a corner in between the seal and the shaft and run it all the way around. Sometimes that stops a leak.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes a grain of sand or something gets stuck between the seal and the fork. Pry down the wiper with a flat blade screw driver and take a business card the stick a corner in between the seal and the shaft and run it all the way around. Sometimes that stops a leak.
It was way to much oil for a grain of sand. I tried that first anyways. No change in leak. I think the air pressure build up mush have blown the seal out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would assume that. I'm hoping someone else will join in and see if they have a solution to the pressure build up. For me, I'm about 90% that I'm going to buy the Xplorer Pro 270mm suspension anyway. I'm not a fan of the stock. I ride almost exclusively in the dirt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got word from the dealer that the fork seal kit is back ordered. Hoping for early September. But who knows. Frig.

If it happens to more people they will have to do something about it. Like recall and add a air bleed valve. Becomes a safety issue with control and oil on the pads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found a puddle of oil on the ground after parking the bike in the garage for a week. I pried down the wiper seal and then used a fork seal scraper to clean under the fork seal. I did find a very small pice of debris on the seal tool and It seems to have stopped the leak. I couldn’t believe the pressure that came out of the fork. Also hope someone chimes in with some info on the pressure question?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts