Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked my bike up from the dealer, they hadn’t had the bike on a battery tender, and although it was showing decent charge, when they started it, it did the standard KTM cold start warm up idle issue until warmed up.

I did a bit of reading around and figured between the Heavy crank, Demands of the EFI and draw of initial spark that this bike may be sensitive to a fully charged battery, down to fractions of a volt.

Since owning the bike I put it to bed every night with a battery tender on and never had any cold start idling issues and always a strong start the next day. I just routed the dongle to be accessed without removing the seat.

this thread is to encourage those with start issues to try this and I’d be curious to hear results.

I am also running exclusively chevron 94 (aki) no ethanol gas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would be curious as to what firmware version is your bike has currently? (Menu/bike info/service) at the bottom of the screen. I'm 95% sure that v5.20 is the latest. I think this version may fix this issue though software mapping, but could totally be wrong also...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts