Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a worrisome clank. I thought it was coming from the rear of the bike, but my hearing is not what it once was. I couldn't find anything loose back there. The Norden 901 FB page has a couple of guys that found their steering head bearings to be loose. Anybody had the same problem (or heard the same noise), and if so has anyone tried re-torquing the steering head bolt? Mine seems to be torqued correctly, but now that those other guys on FB made mention of the loose bearings, that is what the sound sounds like.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check your rear shock. In garage just push down forcefully on the seat and release. If it pops back up fast with a ‘clank’ your shock has lost all oil.
Steering head bearings are easily checked. Front wheel has to be off the ground. Bars should no slam to steering stop with an easy push from centre. Smooth with a small amount of drag.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Slow recovery and no clank when the rear is depressed forcefully. Seems to be working fine. And I have a 'slam' when the handlebars are released with front wheel off the ground. Been adding risers and didn't even think to use that test. The book calls for 18 NM/13.31lbs, or as you pointed out, till I get a small amount of drag. I'll re-torque it today.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm getting a worrisome clank. I thought it was coming from the rear of the bike, but my hearing is not what it once was. I couldn't find anything loose back there. The Norden 901 FB page has a couple of guys that found their steering head bearings to be loose. Anybody had the same problem (or heard the same noise), and if so has anyone tried re-torquing the steering head bolt? Mine seems to be torqued correctly, but now that those other guys on FB made mention of the loose bearings, that is what the sound sounds like.
I checked my front end today, with the front wheel off the ground, there was a bit of movement in the head bearings back and forth. Found the steering head nut rather light on tension, after tightening it up and going for a ride all seems good now. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts