Husqvarna Norden Forum banner

901 cat delete pipe, pannier racks, skid plate

7K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  sisobmw 
#1 ·
Anyone performed the cat delete yet? I'd love to hear the results if you have.

Also, Outback Motortek has no real idea when pannier racks, skid or crash bars will arrive. Touratech is supposed to receive their pannier racks this week, but they're far more expensive than either OBMT or KTM 890 racks (which fit by the way). I've got a back ordered order for an AXP poly skid plate and KTM pannier racks with Rottweiler, but I received an email yesterday saying it will be 6-8 weeks before those parts come in.

I can wait on a skid plate and crash bars, but I'd sure like to have a set of pannier racks to which to attach my Wolfman bags. Anybody know of anybody that has pannier racks and a skid plate?

#2 ·
Anyone performed the cat delete yet? I'd love to hear the results if you have.

Also, Outback Motortek has no real idea when pannier racks, skid or crash bars will arrive. Touratech is supposed to receive their pannier racks this week, but they're far more expensive than either OBMT or KTM 890 racks (which fit by the way). I've got a back ordered order for an AXP poly skid plate and KTM pannier racks with Rottweiler, but I received an email yesterday saying it will be 6-8 weeks before those parts come in.

I can wait on a skid plate and crash bars, but I'd sure like to have a set of pannier racks to which to attach my Wolfman bags. Anybody know of anybody that has pannier racks and a skid plate?
Cat delete will be no different than on an 890. Most do it to stop cooking the rear shock rather than for any performance gains. You could add the Camel ADV shock heat guard.
Caution - modifications to the emissions system gives KTM / Husqvarna easy reason to void your 2-year warranty and puts your dealer in a hard spot trying to support any claim.

#6 ·
Thanks. Ordered their heat shield and the one-finger clutch device. If the "one-finger" works as advertised, that's a good thing. The clutch on my 1250 GSA was a key reason that 'aircraft carrier' went over as often as it did. Can't do Camel Adv's skid plate though - I have already bought and installed the Outback Motortek center stand. Waiting on Outback Motortek's protection combo, but I'm convinced 'enough' to buy the AXP Touring (poly) plate if that comes in first (at Rottweiler). I had their poly skid plate on both a KTM 500 and Ducati Desert sled. Both were tough as hell. I removed one of my 901's aluminum and plastic tank protection combos last night for a 'look-see'. That thing is gonna get ugly quick! That's not much protection if I might say! It needs to be covered by something.

#5 ·
#10 ·
oh, and if those skinny grips annoy you as much as they do me, I ordered a set of grip puppies and they went right on. It's a much better feel with much better grip. As for the slack in throttle, Ducati Spacers makes spacers for Huskys, but they don't seem to yet make spacers for the 901. I put a set of those on a Triumph Thruxton that I had - completely eliminated the slack and couldn't have been easier to install. Great product for $40-ish.

#14 ·
Couldn't find a picture of the KTM 790/890 throttle housing, but took pics of my 901's and sent to the owner of Ducati Spacers. He said the 901's throttle housing looks identical to the KTM. So again I ordered based on 'faith'. What an unusual day for me. I'll post when I get them and try them on.

#15 ·
One other item that I think would make things better is a wind screen spoiler or taller wind screen. I'm 5'11" with an average length trunk, and although the buffeting is tolerable, it's more than on my prior GSAs and my current GSPD. I've been told the 790/890 spoiler doesn't work with the 901 wind screen. Would love to hear of any solutions and/or if anyone has experience trying to attach the 790/890 spoiler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.