Husqvarna Norden Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding BMW since 1990, eventually converting to GS in 2012, still a loyal BMW fan. Love the west and adventure touring. My 2012 R1200 GS with 140K had its first breakdown in Nevada last fall and I knew it was time for my next ride. My wife recommended I take a month hiatus, reflect and decide what the next ride would be. I checked em all and came upon the Norden 901. Wow, it might just be time for a change. Picked mine up in San Francisco last Saturday and couldn't be happier with the choice. Heading up the coast tomorrow and will include some dirt. Ordered my Touratech bags today which are expected mid-March. I plan to be patient and take the time needed to fit it out for my use. Hopefully all accessories will arrive before a bigger ride on the ORBDW and IDBCR scheduled for June.

·
Registered
Norden 901 (on order!)
8 Posts
Very nice Jack. I've got one on order and hoping that it will be a keeper for a good, long while. Always shied away from KTM but was always envious of their performance (most of my dirt oriented bikes have been stone reliable Japanese). Shoot me a message when you come through Idaho. I live just a few miles from the IDBDR. Hopefully I'll have mine by then!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loving the Norden so far, so different from the BMW. Took my first 2-day ride this weekend, up the coast about 150 miles north of San Francisco, spent the night and did a loop back home to Oakland. Did my first stretch of dirt, only about 20 miles but the Norden was stable and superb. I'll schedule my 630 mile service this week and then make another weekend run. Ordered the Touratech hard bags which should arrive mid-March. I am modifying the mount from my BMW Navigator to the new bike. I am planning a late June ride which includes the piece of the IDBDR from Burdorf hot springs down through Warren and Yellow Pine. I did pieces of it in 2017 but was frequently turned back by snow. I'm sure you'll be riding your Norden well before then.

·
Registered
Norden 901 (on order!)
8 Posts
After a near-record December for snow, we've had very little since (compared to normal). We should be in excellent shape for riding early season this year, and by mid-late June even at the high elevations. I'm in New Meadows, after living in McCall for the last 10 years. My usual first and last rides of the season are a loop down to Riggins, up over French Creek grade, Burgdorf for a soak, Secesh Stage Stop for some lunch, then back down to Payette lake and home. It's a great half-day ride, one I look forward to every year. Sure hope to be on the Norden soon. Here's a shot from a few minutes ago...still have some time before I'm riding:
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Snow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts